By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: NX will do better than N64 and outsell X1 lifetime...

My prediction:

-NX will sell better than Wii U - 99% chances
-NX will sell better than GC - 70% chances
-NX will sell better than N64 - 50% chances

Around the Network

I will wait for the price announcement.

Angelv577 said:
I will wait for the price announcement.

You heard here first, $300 and power similar to PS4. ;)

This NX sounds amazing given we don't know a fucking thing about it!

All we know for certain is its gonna have a huge Wii U game at launch.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I genuinely don't believe it will outsell the XB1 ... No chance.
I would like it to, but don't see it happening.

Around the Network
Shiken said:

But will not reach PS4 level sales.  Overall I think that with Zelda as a launch title, proper releases of classic games like a new 3D Mario, Metroid, NEW Star Fox (not a cheap N64 remake), 3D Donkey Kong, Pokemon, Fire Emblem etc we could see a very STRONG start.

Follow that up with newer franchises like Xenoblade and Splatoon with a few third party contracts for other exclusice titles, and the NX will be a success for Nintendo and in the end profitable.  The reason it will not reach PS4 sales is because the PS4 has become the home for 3rd party multiplats.  Just having those games on NX will not be enough to beat Playstation at this time, but Nintendo has more than enough IP (more than any other console maker) that with proper 3rd party support (NX exclusive titles) it will have a powerful identity as the console everyone will want ALONGSIDE their PS4 or X1.

I also feel that while the NX will not reach PS4 level sales, it could still outsell the NEO version as NEO will offer nothing new to the table, while the NX will be a whole new experience.

EDIT:  To put a number on it, 60 mil.  It will not sell as much as PS360, but will outsell the X1 and N64.  It will also be profitable for Nintendo.

Well, I Don't see Xbox One selling much more than Nintendo 64, or even more than Nintendo 64, if the Xbox One is Down YOY in the end of the year this will not change in the following years, we need to wait and see how Gears of War 4 will peform because as for now is the Last Well-known franchise game  to launch for Xbox One until they announce something else, and i don't think that a game made by Zero's Designer or a Open-World JRPG would push a lot of Xbox One and became a main new franchise of this generation.

petebeertree said:

The X1 is going drop off in sales hard if Gears 4 doesn't do anything, and we already saw Halo fail.  The PS4 has everything worth while that is on the X1 for the most part.  The NX can EASILY pass X1 if Nintendo does it right.  It really is not that hard a thing to do.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
petebeertree said:

The X1 is going drop off in sales hard if Gears 4 doesn't do anything, and we already saw Halo fail.  The PS4 has everything worth while that is on the X1 for the most part.  The NX can EASILY pass X1 if Nintendo does it right.  It really is not that hard a thing to do.

What if the xb1.5 actually comes out?  Or the ps4k? clearly things may change for all consoles in the next few months.  the nx could be an also ran again come march of next year...

It is near the end of the end....

I dont know about Xbox One. It's still outselling the 360, so it might be difficult.
Like I've said before though, just for not having the Wii or DS name it's gonna sell much better than 3DS and/or Wii U. People dont realise how much those names damaged the systems potential.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Landguy said:
Shiken said:

What if the xb1.5 actually comes out?  Or the ps4k? clearly things may change for all consoles in the next few months.  the nx could be an also ran again come march of next year...

PS4k will further prove my point that X1 will drop in sales.  Seriously at this point it is obvious where most upgrades will do.  X1 and PS4 have a near identical library and nothing is going to slow Playstation dominance this gen.

The NX however will have a much larger library that van only be found there, as it is with all Nintendo consoles (even the failure that is WiiU).  The NX has the potential to be the side console that people will want next to their PS4 because it actually has something new to offer.  The X1 or X1.5...not so much.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261