By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediction: NX will do better than N64 and outsell X1 lifetime...

Nautilus said:
setsunatenshi said:

The Neo is a PS4, it will have all the PS4 games and won't have any game that's not on the PS4, so why separate the 2 skus when Sony itself doesn't?

The PS4 is starting with 40M as of now, probably over 50M by the end of the year, so there's 0 chance it will outsell it by definition :)

But if the rumors are to be believed, the Neo will be a bit different than the standard version, probably having a much higher price.Thats why i separated it into two SKUs.And yeah, it certainly wont beat the PS4, but seeing Neo numbers alone, it should beat it.

The 2 prices that have been talked about are 400$ (the most likely one) or 500$ (if Sony decided to upgrade further the CPU). Assuming 400$ is the price it pretty much stays within the same range as the current PS4 price. Now, again, considering it plays the same games without any special exclusive games it makes no sense to separate it as it's own product. No one separates the DS, DS lite, DS XL, etc when considering sales, right? And actually in those consoles you sometimes have exclusive games to newer systems.

In any case, sure, there is a higher opening in the market for new NX buyers simply from the fact no one has one, and by the time the Neo is out there will be around 50M PS4's sold. I will probably upgrade to the Neo myself, but sure I don't think i'm in the majority here.

Around the Network
setsunatenshi said:
Nautilus said:

But if the rumors are to be believed, the Neo will be a bit different than the standard version, probably having a much higher price.Thats why i separated it into two SKUs.And yeah, it certainly wont beat the PS4, but seeing Neo numbers alone, it should beat it.

The 2 prices that have been talked about are 400$ (the most likely one) or 500$ (if Sony decided to upgrade further the CPU). Assuming 400$ is the price it pretty much stays within the same range as the current PS4 price. Now, again, considering it plays the same games without any special exclusive games it makes no sense to separate it as it's own product. No one separates the DS, DS lite, DS XL, etc when considering sales, right? And actually in those consoles you sometimes have exclusive games to newer systems.

In any case, sure, there is a higher opening in the market for new NX buyers simply from the fact no one has one, and by the time the Neo is out there will be around 50M PS4's sold. I will probably upgrade to the Neo myself, but sure I don't think i'm in the majority here.

Since when 400$ is the standard price for a normal PS4?The standard now is 350, but even then if you look hard enough, you can find it for around 300$ new, and thats not that hard at all.By the time Neo releases(Im assuming holidays here), the price of the normal PS4 will likely drop to 300, or at the very least it will be around that price for holidays.

And most people that are going to buy the Neo, are most likely the hardcore PS4 fans.My reasoning behind this is that, if a casual gamer want to play PS4 games, he will simply go for the cheapest version, since he will not care much about the latest graphics or that the games runs on 60 fps intead of 30.Plus when a core gamer,that already has a regular PS4 and is not a hardcore fan of PS, is given the choice betwenn of a brand new console, with a whole lot of new exclusives and potentially as powerful as Neo or more, or just a revision of one he already has, he will go for the NX.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

hoala said:
Shiken said:

Zelda alone will ensure a smooth launch.  E3 will shed a bit more light on this, but I have a feeling it will be comparable to Witcher 3 in scope.  Some people, like myself, will upgrade from WiiU to NX for this game.  Most people who do not have a WiiU yet but want this game will go for NX just for the superior version (if my prediction on power holds up).  See Twilight Princess sales for reference to this fact.

Most people will probl get an Ps4 (neo)/xbox one/pc to play witcher 3 instead of zelda wii u.

Because they wont just have witcher 3 there, but also Final Fantasy 15, Dragon Age Inquisition, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Assassin Creed Games, Elder Scrolls games (later), Kingdom Hearts 3 (later), GTA 5, Metal Gear Solid 5, Mass Effect Andromenda, Dark Souls III, DeusEX Mankind Divided PS4: Uncharted4, Ratchet and Clank, Bloodborne

I highdly doubt nintendo can compete with NX against that lineup. Even with Mario, Zelda, Star Fox, Pokemon, F-zero and co. 

And third party support will most likely not happen scince the wii u already prooved that in usual nintendo fans arnt interested in third party games like Mass Effect, Deus EX, COD, Watchdog, Assassins Creed and co.

Totally missed the part about the NX being a perfect side console alongside the PS4 and will not catch PS4 because of it.  Seriously read before you post.  ;)

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

There's a good chance it could do better than than the N64. Hopefully it does. It'll def to better than the Wii U and GC

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Anybody who's predicting anything at the moment is doing it just on a whim (if you think otherwise you're wrong lol), and I'm talking about both Pessimistic and Optimistic folk. Nintendo's in a unique position right now, and with Kimishima as the new president, we're gonna see some changes (remember, this year's WiiU drought wasn't because of Kimishima), so NX could very well be a very successful console and just as likely it could be a terrible failure, we need more details...

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
Anybody who's predicting anything at the moment is doing it just on a whim (if you think otherwise you're wrong lol), and I'm talking about both Pessimistic and Optimistic folk. Nintendo's in a unique position right now, and with Kimishima as the new president, we're gonna see some changes (remember, this year's WiiU drought wasn't because of Kimishima), so NX could very well be a very successful console and just as likely it could be a terrible failure, we need more details...

Nail on the head.  I just figured I would make a few points and mix it up a bit since there are so many false doom threads going around.  You know, even things back out a bit.  ;)

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Nautilus said:
setsunatenshi said:

Since when 400$ is the standard price for a normal PS4?The standard now is 350, but even then if you look hard enough, you can find it for around 300$ new, and thats not that hard at all.By the time Neo releases(Im assuming holidays here), the price of the normal PS4 will likely drop to 300, or at the very least it will be around that price for holidays.

And most people that are going to buy the Neo, are most likely the hardcore PS4 fans.My reasoning behind this is that, if a casual gamer want to play PS4 games, he will simply go for the cheapest version, since he will not care much about the latest graphics or that the games runs on 60 fps intead of 30.Plus when a core gamer,that already has a regular PS4 and is not a hardcore fan of PS, is given the choice betwenn of a brand new console, with a whole lot of new exclusives and potentially as powerful as Neo or more, or just a revision of one he already has, he will go for the NX.

I think we're kind of splitting hairs at this point, sure it might be 50$ to 100$ than the cheapest PS4 you can find right now, but that's also the case for the examples I gave. When Nintendo did the revisions for it's handhelds, the new ones would also be priced more expensive. We didn't treat them as separate handhelds and start tracking sales individually. If you were going to buy whatever pokemon, it didn't matter if you were playing it on the new DS or the old one, Nintendo would still get the same $ for the sale of the game.

The guy that has the PS4 already may or may not buy an NX, just the same way he may or may not have bought the WII U. If that guy didn't own the WII U but only a PS4, why would he all of a sudden be buying an NX? If he didn't miss the Nintendo exclusives before I don't think now they became a must have.

If past experiences are anything to go by, we'll again have another console with it's quirky Nintendo games that as time goes by, an increasingly wider audience does not have any attachment to and again the absent 3rd party support that we're used to since the N64 era.

But hey, I had an N64, Wii, DS lite and 3DS... if I see some worthwhile experiences I can't find on PC or PS4 I'll buy this one too.

edit: just to reiterate, 50 to 100$ is not a "much higher price". I just paid around 300$ for a 1Tb SSD for my desktop, what's 50 to 100 to get a much better console with all the support in the world?

Hopefully, but will need to have more info the on the console first

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

It won't outsell the xb1 but will probably outsell the N64.

daredevil.shark said:
Zelda won't do nothing. For a console to succeed they need multiple games like Zelda and third party games. As for my estimation it will do Wii U numbers if PS4 Neo takes off smoothly.

I am not so sure, Zelda Twilight Princes done great things for Wii reagardles Wii Sport, actually Zelda Wii version was sold out everywhere at launch. Definitely moved lotsa a consoles.

No one said Zelda will only big launch titles, new 3D Mario is also very possibly, and definitely there will be some other strong 1st party and 3rd party exclusives for NX launch or launch window.

Wii U didnt had nothing similar at launch, actually had weak launch and 1st year games.