By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can the PS4 keep its 50% Market Share even if the NX is included?

PS4 > XONE + Wii U + NX?

YEAH!!!!! PS4 Domination! 206 69.59%

NOPE! NX will do quite well! 90 30.41%

Total:296

Can the PS4 keep its 50% Market Share even if the NX is included? 

For the PS4 to achieve that. It just needs to beat the total of XONE (Currently at: 21mil)  + Wii U (No more than 14mil) + The NX (???) 

If YES! What % will the PS4 get? 

If NO!  + When do you think the PS4 will go below 50%? (1st, 2nd, 3rd+ year of NX?) 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Will NX out sell the Neo? The answer to your question is yes 

Well Wii U marketshare will continue to diminish at a more rapid rate as Wii U sales slow down/PS4 sales continue. PS4 continues to gain marketshare over the Xbox 1 also as it outsells it weekly worldwide by a considerable margin. So by the time the NX comes out, the PS4 will probably have over 60% marketshare. I could very well see the PS4 maintain at least a 50% market share over Xbox 1 and NX considering the huge userbase advantage the PS4 will have over the NX when it comes out and the huge headstart/gap between PS4 and NX. It will be a challenge for the NX, not for the PS4 really. Or we might see the Xbox 1 losing the most marketshare whilst the NX gains. We shall see.

I think by the end of NX's second year PS4 should be below 50%

of course it all depends on how powerful NX and PSNeo are

NX is going to surprise us all.

That´s all I´m going to say :)

Around the Network

Depends on Nintendo's long term strategy which they have yet to divulge ...

Can it? Yes. Will it? Only if the NX is a truly massive failure.

Let's say the Xbox One ends up this generation somewhere around 40-50m. The Wii U will be around 14m. That's already 54-64m; making the PS4 need to reach 108-128m to keep its 50% marketshare.

Now, let's say the NX turns out to be a bigger flop than the GameCube and sells only 20m. That would represent a toal of 74-84m; making the PS4 need to reach 148-168m.

You see, even if the NX flops, it will be very hard... unless you think the PS4 will surely outsell the PS2.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:

Let's say the Xbox One ends up this generation somewhere around 40-50m. The Wii U will be around 14m. That's already 54-64m; making the PS4 need to reach 108-128m to keep its 50% marketshare.

Now, let's say the NX turns out to be a bigger flop than the GameCube and sells only 20m. That would represent a toal of 74-84m; making the PS4 need to reach 148-168m.

You see, even if the NX flops, it will be very hard... unless you think the PS4 will surely outsell the PS2.

That applies only if you include the Wii U into it. Including the Wii U into the marketshare(once the NX is officially released) makes as much sense as including the PS3 into the marketshare in my opinion

LipeJJ said:

Umm, your numbers don't make much sense ... 

74-84m/148-168m =/= 50/50 

The PS4 would only just have to sell the as much or more than the X1, WII U, and NX combined so why would it have to double them combined ? 

fatslob-:O said:
LipeJJ said:

Umm, your numbers don't make much sense ... 

74-84m/148-168m =/= 50/50 

The PS4 would only just have to sell the as much or more than the X1, WII U, and NX combined so why would it have to double them combined ? 

You're right, this doesn't make any sense. I don't know, my bad..... always sucked at math.

I'm off to bed after this one, bye.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won