By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - My problems with Civil War

You can't go into an MCU movie and expect depth, seriousness, maturity or consequences. They are basically well-made Transformers movie.

Around the Network

I enjoyed it. Once that fight at the airport broke out, I was about to whip out my dick and spray EVERYONE. I also enjoyed BvS and, in a lot of ways, they were the same movie. People are going to look the other way even though this film had many of the same "issues". I can accept them both without getting mad at them. They're different beasts from their comics counterparts.

The Fury said:

I get ya, consequences but the whole thing was about their consequences already, doing what they do without ramifications, ignoring the fact if they didn't nothing it would be worse. 

To answer some of your points, Cap only new (technically) that Hydra killed Iron Man's parents due to the conversation he had with Armin Zola, he didn't know directly that Bucky was involved. 

Rhodes did have a big injury, not being able to walk and nearly dieing is a big thing. Black Goliath died at the hands of Thor bot in actual Civil War, he won't be back ever (not big enough of a character). Yet his fall is protected by his suit, it would contain most of the fall's impact.

Cap can do a lot and he only needed to counter the lift of that helicopter, okay so might not have happened in reality but you could see he was struggling.

Of course as a fanboy I have bigger issues of why Tony decided the death of 1 person was a concern suddenly (he happened to be american too) while saying this in front of Wanda who's brother died (in reality at his hands also if you take his 'guilt' in it all).

I was wondering about that too. I guess he wouldn't be. I think the real issue here is that the is responsible for the existence of Ultron. Everyone who died during that time could be blamed on him, that is what he feels guilty for.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Its a super hero movie, what do you expect? A game of thrones twist? a 5 year old could have wrote the script for this.

Porcupine_I said:

I was wondering about that too. I guess he wouldn't be. I think the real issue here is that the is responsible for the existence of Ultron. Everyone who died during that time could be blamed on him, that is what he feels guilty for.

His character is too cocky for guilt, which is why him creating Ultron is so poor compared to Hank Pym, who's life it ruined.

Yet I just had a thought, Tony was concerned about the death of an american citizen who happened to die during Ultron stuff, yet he is more than happy to put a kid (spider-man) against army vets and spies.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
Porcupine_I said:

His character is too cocky for guilt, which is why him creating Ultron is so poor compared to Hank Pym, who's life it ruined.

Yet I just had a thought, Tony was concerned about the death of an american citizen who happened to die during Ultron stuff, yet he is more than happy to put a kid (spider-man) against army vets and spies

He did stop the production of weapons though, when he realized what they can do to people. 

He may be too cocky to admit mistakes, but he is not above guilt. That makes him act the way he does, supporting the contract like this great idea, while it's basically his own fault it ever came that far. That way he can ease his consience and that's why he wants anyone else to follow suit, because then he can tell himself it was the right decision to make and not an admission of his own failure. 

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

All I have to say is that this movie made Captain America look like a huge asshole and maybe even a C-word, whether he felt he did the right thing or not. Obviously, he had to come out victorious on the "war" they had since the movie had his name on the title. I know Bucky was his more personal friend, but Tony also was his friend, his partner, who fought together on life and death situations. And yet he hid the secret about his parents death. It would be curious to know what would've happened if it was called Avengers: Civil War.

Mr_No said:

I know Bucky was his more personal friend, but Tony also was his friend, his partner, who fought together on life and death situations.

Yes, like with Bucky during WW2.

Hmm, pie.

Two things:
1. where was Nick Fury and S.H.I.E
L.D. during all of this?

2. How in the hell did Zemo know everything about everything? I need to watch this one, again.

*bonus* Ant Man changes size but stays the same weight and density. Wouldn't he be 200 pounds?

I saw one of the directors of Captain america in youtube giving some insight into the killing of characters that should help you understand.

Killing off a character is killing off all the revenue they bring. They are like workers really.

So, don't expect popular characters to be killed off. Not for long anyways or with some other underlying issue.

Only small characters are elligible to be killed off.