By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - My problems with Civil War

irstupid said:
Ganoncrotch said:

He didn't actually kill the man who killed his father, he didn't even allow him to put a bullet in his own head.

One thing to consider though before you attack Civil War for not having enough meaningful plot, there was how many characters on screen? Cap, Stank, Witch, Falcon, Vision, Parker, Hawk Eye, Romanov, Bucky, War Machine, Panther, Ant Man .... eeerrr... I could have missed one but yeah, you got basically 12 (or more) main characters, all of whom got their own portion of screentime (holy fuck at some of Romanov's Wrestling moves, I was on the edge of my seat for those takedowns) I mean the movie was little over 2 hours which basically allows 10minutes per character on screen if you allow no one outside the "Good Guys" but they managed to do it, and not even feel like it was being squashed in at all....

Now think back to Batman V Superman... we got closer to 3 hours, 8 mins or so of them actually duking it out, 20+ pointless flash backs and dream sequences, Wonder Woman .... was there at times for posing, Lous Lane was there... when the plot needed there to be a danger element for Superman, I mean so much time was blown with pointless comic book shots of superman flying over people and posing that even Cyborg, Aquaman and Flash were jammed into less than a minute each, if Justice league would ever have the same number of heroes as was featured in Civil war we can expect a movie with a runtime in days... not hours.

I fucking loved Civil war... can't say much more than that, oh! and in terms of the Cinema reaction to Civil war, there was a whole family to the right of us there, like... a movie you can take kids to while still having amazing action for adults +bonus points right there, can't imagine any kids enjoying BvS, humourless and pointless scenes would never keep the younglings interested.

BvS and Civil war are practically the exact same run time.

Like a 5 minute difference

Even still, compare the amount of time granted to the actual sheer number of characters in the 2 movies and think that Zack S was complaining that why BvS wasn't enjoyable was that he didn't have enough time for them on screen... also even think of minor characters (all things considered) like Ant Man, Hawk Eye and War Machine to the horrifying shoe horned in other members of the Justice League into BvS, seriously that list I wrote of heroes should have granted little more than 10 mins per character but it felt like each character wasn't rushed for their time in the limelight at all.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Ganoncrotch said:
irstupid said:

BvS and Civil war are practically the exact same run time.

Like a 5 minute difference

Even still, compare the amount of time granted to the actual sheer number of characters in the 2 movies and think that Zack S was complaining that why BvS wasn't enjoyable was that he didn't have enough time for them on screen... also even think of minor characters (all things considered) like Ant Man, Hawk Eye and War Machine to the horrifying shoe horned in other members of the Justice League into BvS, seriously that list I wrote of heroes should have granted little more than 10 mins per character but it felt like each character wasn't rushed for their time in the limelight at all.

There is no point mentioning Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg in BvS.  

There "cameo" if you want to even grant it that was less than even an after credits scene. Bringing them up in any conversation of BvS is just being a douche nitpicker trying too hard to complain about the movie.

BvS was about just 4 characters with one cameo.

1. Superman

2. Batman

4. Lex Luther

Cameo: Wonder Woman

Lois Lane and Alfred just go hand and hand with Superman/Batman. 

Anyone complainign abotu too many characters in BvS is a moron imo. You can argue about what is bad in BvS, but too many characters is not one of them.

irstupid said:
Ganoncrotch said:

There "cameo" if you want to even grant it that was less than even an after credits scene. Bringing them up in any conversation of BvS is just being a douche nitpicker trying too hard to complain about the movie.

1. Superman

2. Batman

4. Lex Luther

Anyone complainign abotu too many characters in BvS is a moron imo. You can argue about what is bad in BvS, but too many characters is not one of them.

You misread my complaint completely... to an amazing degree, I do agree that they were jammed in there as throw away cameos, yet still leaving all the screen time to the main 2 characters... Snyder couldn't pull off giving them enough screen time, if you feel the need to drop to the point of calling someone a moron for something, either A. Read the fucking post you are talking about, or B. Don't bother wasting keystrokes if you can't do better than name calling the person making a point.

Also regarding Flash not having a part in it, the entire Dream/Warning that Batman had in BvS was given to him by Flash, as in while Flash was not on screen for more than the end of it, it was him responsible for that portion of the movie.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

The Fury said:
d21lewis said:
*bonus* Ant Man changes size but stays the same weight and density. Wouldn't he be 200 pounds?
JWeinCom said:

3.  I'm really not sure if you're right about ant man's weight and density.  He regularly rode ants in the movie, so he couldn't have been the weight of a normal man.

A lot of the science in Ant-man was alway odd, he can shrink, punch as hard as a normal man due to the density thing, stand on ants etc yet when the Thomas the Tank Engine goes massive it blasts through a wall and digs into the ground. It would have weighed 50grams. :P

You also forgot: Enlarging toy objects, also gives them their real life sound effects. And shrinking Ant-Man has his normal voice. But, Giant Ant-Man has a deeper voice :P.

Apparently in the comics Captain America dies and Bucky takes his place in the same storyline so they changed that but Bucky has a lot more content to come.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Apparently in the comics Captain America dies and Bucky takes his place in the same storyline so they changed that but Bucky has a lot more content to come.

The movie would never replicate the CW plot due to lack of important characters and other features but I think the Bucky thing in MCU is done. Bucky won't take the Cap mantle, he won't sacrifice himself to the Serpent (which turns out to be a LMD ) etc. John Walker should/hopefully will be the government appointed Cap A and Steve will become Nomad (as he is traveling about... get it?) for a little while (and hopefully get it on with Diamondback) until he is needed in the next Avengers film.

EDIT: Or Cap Wolf...haha, imagine that. People would be like "What the hell is going on...?!!?"

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Boutros said:

The movie would never replicate the CW plot due to lack of important characters and other features but I think the Bucky thing in MCU is done. Bucky won't take the Cap mantle, he won't sacrifice himself to the Serpent (which turns out to be a LMD ) etc. John Walker should/hopefully will be the government appointed Cap A and Steve will become Nomad (as he is traveling about... get it?) for a little while (and hopefully get it on with Diamondback) until he is needed in the next Avengers film.

EDIT: Or Cap Wolf...haha, imagine that. People would be like "What the hell is going on...?!!?"

I think he could eventually take it on. But it will ultimately rely on what direction they want to take the films in and what kind of contracts they can have each sign :o

Teeqoz said:
Imma continue with spoilers:

About the airport fight: I agree quite a bit actually, and what I thought would've been an amazing moment would've been if, when Spider-Man was laying flat on the ground after the air-port fight, he was actually seriously hurt. Like, not mortally wounded, but enough that he'd need quite a while to mend. Just think about it. He's a kid and Tony brought him into battle. Tony would've felt guilty for this, and so would Cap. It would've been a very powerful moment emotionally.

I felt Rhodes getting injured did just that. Also I don't think anyone got seriously hurt (other then Rhodes) because they weren't trying to seriously hurt each other. Everyone there knew that they were all heroes and people who helped eachother. No one was trying to be a murderer over this. The rest of TS's complaints seems like he just wanted this to be a much darker story then what the actual writers wanted. I'm not sure I'm ok with that and honestly I'm no ok with Tony killing a guy over something that happened so long ago when he was being brainwashed. It just makes Tony look like an uncontrollable maniac. He already released an uncontrollable AI that terrorized the world and now we want him running around killing people who in all honesty are innocent. As far as Rhodes not dying from the fall I put that on the iron man suit. I would assume Tony would design the suits to handle an impact like that very welll. How well will never know but trying to say "he should have died" without understanding the technology that we aren't even capable of reproducing is silly.

irstupid said:
Ganoncrotch said:

1. Superman

2. Batman

4. Lex Luther

Yea I didn't feel there were to many characters that was never a complaint I even thought about. To many story lines crammed into one movie is my main issue.

method114 said:
irstupid said:

1. Superman

2. Batman

4. Lex Luther

Yea I didn't feel there were to many characters that was never a complaint I even thought about. To many story lines crammed into one movie is my main issue.

Too many storylines. You're probably right.

List them.