By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who else thinks this is the best generation for video games?

Ajax said:
not even close

you must be a 'young' gamer to think that

I second this...

Thus far we have the 360 and PS3 just beefing up graphics for the most part and wii has replaced button mashing with stick shaking.

There are exceptions but not enough to warrant this generation top dog honour.

Around the Network

I feel that the best generation so far has been the mid to late 90's with the Nintendo 64 and Playstation. I just think that generation was very innovative. It created games that are still having sequels.

PLAYSTATON NETWORK: BLOODLINEZ

This is turning into one of the worse generation, in my opinion.

The lack of diversity in genres is horrible. Everything seems to be a FPS, which isn't always what want to play. There's a lack of RPG's, Action/Adventure, ect.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

disolitude said:
Ajax said:
not even close

you must be a 'young' gamer to think that

I second this...

Thus far we have the 360 and PS3 just beefing up graphics for the most part and wii has replaced button mashing with stick shaking.

There are exceptions but not enough to warrant this generation top dog honour.

I third this^^; I really liked the SNES generation and the early PS2 generation (haven't bought a new PS2 game in quite a while) I do like DS games too, and the wii is fun for sure. but it just seems you can't beat the classics. who needs great graphics when you can have gameplay right? ^^

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

I'll just wait and see. I would still rate the SNES/Genesis and N64/PS1 eras above the current.

Around the Network

Last generation and SNES/Genesis were the greatest.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

The SNES/Genesis generation was and still is my favorite. Gaming during my early/mid-teens, so much fun! :)
This one will still probably be very good, but I doubt it will pass the 16bit generation as my favorite.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

As a die hard Nintendo fan I'd have to say it's far from the best. Nintendo has decided to ignore gamers like myself quite often and it shows. The N64 gen is my favorite. Nintendo was at the top of their game and they just made so many classic titles. Rare as well.

I'd say this is number 3 for me.
The 16-bit era is called the golden age for good reason. I really liked the first 3D consoles, since they along with the cusp of the 16-bit era were my youth. There are so many gems. This generation hasn't been going on long enough to know what its legacy will be, but I feel it has already surpassed the last one.

SNES and N64 are the best generations. This is the third best.