By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who else thinks this is the best generation for video games?

Yeah it's excellent, computer has also been excellent lately.

Around the Network

Games get better and better with each passing year, but 2001 was the best year of the most awesome generation.

So far This gen hasn't really impressed me. Alot of potential but pretty much wasted by companies acting like businesses rather than groups of artists. Not enough good new ideas, too many rehashed/redressed old ideas.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

This generation has been the best for me because of the Wii and DS. They both have renewed my confidence in my ongoing enjoyment of gaming. Thanks Nintendo

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

I think this gen is very good ,both the PS3 and 360 are very powerful machines with already lots of brilliant hardcore games (and some casual through Live ,Psn and the likes of Singstar ,Scene It ) and the Wii has its thing for Mario fans and casuals so everybody is happy .

One thing that I dont like ....making content in HD is translating in very long development times and we have to wait aaages for some games to come out .

Around the Network
Reasonable said:
If you judge each gen by market growth then sure, this gen is the best as its the biggest essentally (so far anyway).

I think though that we've seen sacrifices regarding new IP and innovation vs profit.

I haven't really seen a single game yet on PS3 / 360 / Wii that makes me think wow, what a work of genius.

Of course, what are now seen as works of genius (Ico, System Shock, Grim Fandango, etc) all sold poorly vs more average but accessible games - so I guess we only have ourselves to blame.

Still, I do think that there is a nice level of overall quality to most decent games now - and the future should be rosy considering the differnet possibilities offered by each of the three consoles.

dunno about you but cod4 and uncharted made me wow beyond belief i never had so much fun

PSN: Metra17

Games: Uncharted, Burnout Paradise, COD4, Motorstorm, Rockband

me.

we really cant judge this generation yet, we havent seen the best any of the consoles can bring  out yet. i believe that late 2009 games will define this generation

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Ask we again when we get more RPG's.

not even close

you must be a 'young' gamer to think that

''Hadouken!''