By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediciton: NX will be....

Do you agree with that concept?

1. 40 24.10%

2. 28 16.87%

3. 73 43.98%

4. 25 15.06%

Total:166

If Nintendo goes that route, then they would chose to give up most 3rd party support. Only the Japanese 3rd developers might put big titles on it since we would be talkin about a handheld of sorts.

It's a risky move. There can be no software drought then. None what so ever.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
hoala said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Well, it is a necessary step to get 3rd party, but it doesn't guarantee it. Unless you do something to get Wii-like support (which, contrary to believe, was not bad at all, it's just overshadowed by all the shovelware) Nintendo needs to get people interested from the beginning. And 3rd parties have to choose which games to bring to the NX, if they just throw every game they have, they will find its audience is elsewhere. Games like Monster Hunter Tri, Rayman Legends, Lego City Undercover, Minecraft... sold well on the WiiU, but most companies just paid attention to the bombs of CoD, AC and the Batman games. They have to pick the correct games for the correct audiences.

The Wii didnt had Skyrim, GTA, Red Dead Redemption and all that stuff either. Those games are the hotcakes at the moment. Check what GTA 5 is still selling every week on ps4.

Without those games, i highly doubt nintendo could be successfull with an console just as expensive and as strong as the ps4. And those games dont work on Nintendo consoles.

Thats why the system wont be powerfull/similar to the ps4 but very likely similar to what thid topic is about.

Neither Bethesda nor T2 ever had a really good relation with Nintendo, the 7th gen suffered an important shift and western games became the more popular titles on the market. A port of the PS2 GTAs would have sold really well, but they didn't bring it. We seem to agree that the problem here lies on the trust/confidence of 3rd parties on Nintendo, but Nintendo wants to solve that, they have to start making their consoles powerful enough to not make 3rd parties go through a lot of difficulties to develop for them.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
hoala said:

Nice Insider infos?

Or do you can atleast explain WHY you do think that? Because i gave tons of reasons thats not really likely to happen. But im free to get some arguments to disproove me. Or is it just your dream?

If they want to get 3rd parties back they have to do two things: make a console powerful enough to bring their games without needing major downgrades, and an architecture easy to develop for. Of course the userbase will matter too, but at the beginning these two are the important ones. Also, a decent amount of rumours pointed out to an NX slightly stronger than the XBone (and I'd like to think that this delay could mean a power increase around regulat PS4 levels, but that's just me).

Or they can combine their handheld & console into a single unified platform and get similar support that 3DS+Wii U got, which when combined is actually pretty solid. 3DS didnt support Unity & Wii U didnt support Unreal 4, so if NX supports both of those than its very likely that 3rd party support can be even better than 3DS+Wii U recieved.

Even if Nintendo releases a super powerful console, I dont really see the shooter/sports/racing/action crowd (which make up about 80% of PS4/XB1 retail software sales) moving to Nintendo platforms.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

With the bad English sentence structure used to post the 'question' I think you should stay away from the IQ question that is down the list of topics. And NX IS next gen, not 1/2 gen.

User was moderated for this post ~ CGI-Quality

No one will buy the console variant. Why pay for another console, something that's less powerful than the PS4 when the portable Nintendo console runs the same games, like you said graphics are not a big differniator for cartoony games and Nintendo won't have to worry about realistic games because no Western third party will support NX in this case. They won't be able to port their PS4 engines easily to a system that can only run Wii U level graphics.

The portable variant will sell to the same audience the 3DS does which is decling, except now they won't have to buy two devices to play all the Nintendo games.

Around the Network
Wiibaron said:
With the bad English sentence structure used to post the 'question' I think you should stay away from the IQ question that is down the list of topics. And NX IS next gen, not 1/2 gen.

Ah, that's a bit harsh. NX threads should be fun for all .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:

If Nintendo goes that route, then they would chose to give up most 3rd party support. Only the Japanese 3rd developers might put big titles on it since we would be talkin about a handheld of sorts.

It's a risky move. There can be no software drought then. None what so ever.

what do they give up?

When they merge handheld and home console they could release theoreticall 2x as much software as right now. That wouldnt cause droughts.

Darwinianevolution said:

Neither Bethesda nor T2 ever had a really good relation with Nintendo, the 7th gen suffered an important shift and western games became the more popular titles on the market. A port of the PS2 GTAs would have sold really well, but they didn't bring it. We seem to agree that the problem here lies on the trust/confidence of 3rd parties on Nintendo, but Nintendo wants to solve that, they have to start making their consoles powerful enough to not make 3rd parties go through a lot of difficulties to develop for them.

Thats what they did with the wii u.

Soundwave said:

No one will buy the console variant. 

Same reason people bought VitaTV, Apple TV, Android Tv and c.

Some people prefer playing on TV instead of small handheld screen.

Like I said, the home console could be a little bit stronger (similar to New 3ds is stronger to 3ds) and allow better resolution on the games.

It could also be cheaper without the need of an battery, screen and co.

Wiibaron said:

good arguments. respect.