By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prediciton: NX will be....

Do you agree with that concept?

1. 40 24.10%

2. 28 16.87%

3. 73 43.98%

4. 25 15.06%

Total:166
COLINBATSEY said:
Prediciton: NX will be....A flop.

Nintendo have had their day. What are they going to churn out? More Mario? Ohh yeah another Mario lets add that to the 100th basically the same game again, another Zelda? Zelda is dead the last good Zelda was A link to the past 20 odd years ago.

Third party? I can get them on my PS4. Nintendo need to go third party, get mario etc on the PS4 etc then they would make big money.

And what about 100th Call Of Duty, Assasins Creed, Need For Speed, FIFA, PES, NBA, Madden, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Gran Turismo, Sonic, Metal Gear, Battlefield, Halo, GTA, Ratchet and Clank...!?

And that nonsense about Zelda I want even comment.

Keep dreaming that you will play Mario and etc on PS4..

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
COLINBATSEY said:

Nintendo have had their day. What are they going to churn out? More Mario? Ohh yeah another Mario lets add that to the 100th basically the same game again, another Zelda? Zelda is dead the last good Zelda was A link to the past 20 odd years ago.

Third party? I can get them on my PS4. Nintendo need to go third party, get mario etc on the PS4 etc then they would make big money.

And what about 100th Call Of Duty, Assasins Creed, Need For Speed, FIFA, PES, NBA, Madden, Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Gran Turismo, Sonic, Metal Gear, Battlefield, Halo, GTA, Ratchet and Clank...!?

Miyamotoo said:
COLINBATSEY said:

Obviuosly a user with the N64 logo is going to be butthurt about my comment.

Face it nintendo have had their day. Mark my words the nx will flop and soon after nintendo will go third party

User was warned for this post ~ CGI-Quality

hoala said:
zorg1000 said:

One last thing to consider is that Wii U had OK support from the big western publishers initially, EA/Ubisoft/Activision/Warner all gave it a few core IP in the first year, they will likely support NX initially.

I think they did that because of the great success of the wii. That console sold 100mio so it was worth the risk (if wii u would be as successfull they could made alot money on it).

I doubt a Nintendo console, thats a successor of an 13mio sold units machine that already prooved them nintendo fans dont buy their games on nintendo hardware will make them releasing their IPs again on a nintendo console BEFORE it prooved to be successfull.

Sure if the NX will sell 15mio + units first year AND is capable for playing ps4 games they will start porting their games. The third party support for the wii also started AFTER the wii already was a success (Call of Duty 4 and co skipped the system first, got released later).

But i doubt a ps4 like machine made by nintendo without third party support in the beginning will be able to even get successfull, though.

So its pretty much a "doom loop".

Only chance for nintendo is to NOT rely on third party support and that failed with the wii u. If they make a wii u like device thats also portable, gets double the amount of nintendo games AND is just half priece of the wii u = success is likely. And then they even might get some third party games like fifa. 

they did it because all major consoles get decent support at launch because those publishers dont want to miss out in case the device is a success.

its not just a successor to a 13 million selling console, its also a successor to a 58 million handheld if its a unified platform, so its a successor to devices with a 70+ million install base.

but i agree that Nintendo cant rely on 3rd party mainstream western support and shouldnt bend over backwards for them.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

COLINBATSEY said:

ya because all Nintendo has is Mario & Zelda.........also i hope you realize that the 2 best selling Zelda titles released in the years after LttP.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

they did it because all major consoles get decent support at launch because those publishers dont want to miss out in case the device is a success.

its not just a successor to a 13 million selling console, its also a successor to a 58 million handheld if its a unified platform, so its a successor to devices with a 70+ million install base.

but i agree that Nintendo cant rely on 3rd party mainstream western support and shouldnt bend over backwards for them.

if its a handheld on ps4 level it will be 600$+. More like 1000$+.

Just check how expensive gaming laptops are. It would need similar hardware. You cant sell something like 1000 Gflops performance (minimum to play ps4 games) without a fence and with good battery life for like 300-400$.

What major 3rd party games got the wii in its first year?

Around the Network
COLINBATSEY said:
Miyamotoo said:

Obviuosly a user with the N64 logo is going to be butthurt about my comment.

Face it nintendo have had their day. Mark my words the nx will flop and soon after nintendo will go third party

So your argument is "you have N64 logo so your comments are not valid"!? But yours comment that saying "A link to the past" is was last good Zelda game, even after that Zelda we got game that is widely considered for best game ever, are valid!? Sorry, but your comments don't have any sense.

Nintendo had their day!? Wii U is biggest Nintendo fail, but it's not their first or last console, there are on gaming market basically from start of consoles. They will be very long on console market, having success and fails like always. Mark my words, NX will be much more successful than Wii U was, but you can still dreaming you will have Mario on your PS console.

hoala said:
zorg1000 said:

if its a handheld on ps4 level it will be 600$+. More like 1000$+.

Just check how expensive gaming laptops are. It would need similar hardware. You cant sell something like 1000 Gflops performance (minimum to play ps4 games) without a fence and with good battery life for like 300-400$.

What major 3rd party games got the wii in its first year?

umm.....when did i ever say anything about a handheld with PS4 level power?

in its first year Wii had Call of Duty, Madden, FIFA, WWE, Tony Hawk, Need for Speed, SSX, Medal of Honor, Splinter Cell, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Mortal Kombat, Spider Man 3, Dragon Ball Z, Resident Evil, Soul Calibur, Red Steel, Blazing Angels, Scarface, Manhunt, Tomb Raider, Sonic, Sims, Guitar Hero.

AbbathTheGrim said:
Esiar said:

John Lucas will return?

John Lucas most have a lot of alt-account then. :P

You assume John Lucas is one entity. Maybe a collective of Johns and Lucas'.

Square is considering Dragon Quest 11 for NX. That already guarantees that the NX is on par with the PS4. Your reasoning is based on nothing but fairytales. The same fairytales that would make someone think that the NXDS could have a 720p screen.

spemanig said:
Square is considering Dragon Quest 11 for NX. That already guarantees that the NX is on par with the PS4. Your reasoning is based on nothing but fairytales. The same fairytales that would make someone think that the NXDS could have a 720p screen.

we dont even know if square knew what NX is then saying they would port it.

Games like DQ11 could also run on wii u. Hell even 3ds can play wii u games (hyrule warriors), so a wii u like console could easily play ps4 games. 

my reasoning is based on MANY hints and locigal thinking. I wrote all that in the OP. You are free to read it.