By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Captain America: Civil War – BIG RANT and many plot spoilers inside (you should save your time and money and not see it now)

method114 said:
I thought the movie was good and cap did try to talk to iron man but they didn't believe him. They thought he was lying because he was to obsessed with Bucky.

But he WAS. He fell on the trap like a duck!

Around the Network

I read Civil War. Not just the 7 issues of the main story. The whole 100+ issue event and many of the events (ie: Wolverine: Enemy of the State) leading up to it. A lot of what happened, I saw a mile away. I knew they wouldn't have the guts to kill someone at the airport or make Stark a total bad guy but, for what it was, I really enjoyed it. My wife, on the other hand, thought it was a confusing mess but she has only seen a few MCU films.

I greatly enjoyed BvS, too. In a lot of ways, they were the same movie. Whatg I hate is that a lot of things that film was bashed for happen in this one, too! My nitpicks...

-Cap says: I heard the name "Bucky" and suddenly, I'm a helpless 16 year old kid, again.
-Cap can hold down a helicopter? He just jumped up and grabbed it and pulled it back down to earth! WTF!?!
-Black Widow is in a SEALED armored vehicle with two other guys and a bomb. The explosion BLOWS THE DOORS OFF and she comes out unharmed!
-Aunt May is waaaay sexier than I'm comfortable with.
-People hated that Lex Luthor knew who the heroes were in BvS but I bet they're totally okay with Tony Stark knowing who Spider-Man is based on found footage.
-Black Panther was every goddam where. Even flying a jet following Iron Man without him knowing.
-Bucky's human arm was stronger than Iron Man's armor arm!!
-The black guys ended up in jail and shot. RACISTS!
-Somebody said a variation of "He won't stop" or "I won't stop" like 300 times!
-Zemo was nothing like he was in the comics. If you're okay with his changes, you have to be okay with BvS changes. If not, you're a hypocrite!

There was once scene that was pretty much the cover of Civil War #7. I get hard just thinking about it!
Okay. Carry on.

archer9234 said:

I'm gonna comment on just your problem with Cap's strength. Cap can fight Spider-Man with relative ease. Both of them are low level strength characters. Parker has issues lifting certain large cars. What gives cap the edge, is the shield. And his martial arts. Plus, cap won't back down. Iron Man's suits, while it's tough, it's pretty fragile. Yeah, you see it fight toe to toe with Hulk. Those type of fights are deceiving. Even with the Hulk Buster. He has to use projectiles. And offensive tactics on him. Stark uses Hulk's dumbness to his advantage. And tries to make sure the suit does not take direct hits.

Stark's suits are pretty useless, if the character isn't dumb. I'll give this example, from the comics. Stark lied to She-Hulk, on who got rid of Hulk, in the Planet Hulk story arc. They got in a fight. Only in two pages, she was ready to kill him. His suits have no way to deal with her, period. Because Shulkie is intelligent. Trainned by Cap America. And has Hulk's power. Change one thing, He's a joke.

That's Stark's problem too. He always likes to think, since he's smart. He can be cocky, in fights. Cap knows this. And uses it.

Here's a movie example. Tony was knocked around by a few cars in IM 1. While he took no damage. His suit wasn't able to absorb the impact, all the time. Cap is stronger than a car, driving at speed. Then you throw the shield, he's fucked. If you want to argue the helicopter scene. The thing he grabbed to hold it down. Would of broke. Before Cap would of gotten tired.

You know he's called the "invincible" iron man, right? When he and cap fought in Civil War (comics), cap didn't stand a chance without cheating because iron man's armor knew all of his moves. Cap had to be rescued.

It's been a while since I've watched iron man 1 but didn't he take a shot from a tank? 

d21lewis said:
I read Civil War. Not just the 7 issues of the main story. The whole 100+ issue event and many of the events (ie: Wolverine: Enemy of the State) leading up to it. A lot of what happened, I saw a mile away. I knew they wouldn't have the guts to kill someone at the airport or make Stark a total bad guy but, for what it was, I really enjoyed it. My wife, on the other hand, thought it was a confusing mess but she has only seen a few MCU films.

I greatly enjoyed BvS, too. In a lot of ways, they were the same movie. Whatg I hate is that a lot of things that film was bashed for happen in this one, too! My nitpicks...

-Cap says: I heard the name "Bucky" and suddenly, I'm a helpless 16 year old kid, again.
-Cap can hold down a helicopter? He just jumped up and grabbed it and pulled it back down to earth! WTF!?!
-Black Widow is in a SEALED armored vehicle with two other guys and a bomb. The explosion BLOWS THE DOORS OFF and she comes out unharmed!
-People hated that Lex Luthor knew who the heroes were in BvS but I bet they're totally okay with Tony Stark knowing who Spider-Man is based on found footage.
-Black Panther was every goddam where. Even flying a jet following Iron Man without him knowing.
-Zemo was nothing like he was in the comics. If you're okay with his changes, you have to be okay with BvS changes. If not, you're a hypocrite!

There was once scene that was pretty much the cover of Civil War #7. I get hard just thinking about it!
Okay. Carry on.

There's a really massive problem with BvS. That the final "confrontation" is between two characters that were barely developed, and also the resolution was the most ridiculous resolution ever (Marthaaa!). I get that the topic of the movies is... a bit similar. But the flow and pace of the film, the story-telling, the way, way more emotional confrontation in the end (fuck, that was intense), and a villain who has actually motivations (Luthor's motivations came out of nowhere, tbh) makes Civil War a way better film. BvS is not as bad as people said it is imo. It's just too rushed. It feels like it lacks some scenes, and actually it lacks some scenes. It's not very coherent XD. 

About Tony Stark knowing about Spider-man, yeah, it's an actual plot hole. I don't mind about it tbh, also, I didn't mind about Lex Luthor knowing about the heroes. And you have to love sexy Aunt May :P. I didn't expect that XD. 

d21lewis said:
archer9234 said:

I'm gonna comment on just your problem with Cap's strength. Cap can fight Spider-Man with relative ease. Both of them are low level strength characters. Parker has issues lifting certain large cars. What gives cap the edge, is the shield. And his martial arts. Plus, cap won't back down. Iron Man's suits, while it's tough, it's pretty fragile. Yeah, you see it fight toe to toe with Hulk. Those type of fights are deceiving. Even with the Hulk Buster. He has to use projectiles. And offensive tactics on him. Stark uses Hulk's dumbness to his advantage. And tries to make sure the suit does not take direct hits.

Stark's suits are pretty useless, if the character isn't dumb. I'll give this example, from the comics. Stark lied to She-Hulk, on who got rid of Hulk, in the Planet Hulk story arc. They got in a fight. Only in two pages, she was ready to kill him. His suits have no way to deal with her, period. Because Shulkie is intelligent. Trainned by Cap America. And has Hulk's power. Change one thing, He's a joke.

That's Stark's problem too. He always likes to think, since he's smart. He can be cocky, in fights. Cap knows this. And uses it.

Here's a movie example. Tony was knocked around by a few cars in IM 1. While he took no damage. His suit wasn't able to absorb the impact, all the time. Cap is stronger than a car, driving at speed. Then you throw the shield, he's fucked. If you want to argue the helicopter scene. The thing he grabbed to hold it down. Would of broke. Before Cap would of gotten tired.

You know he's called the "invincible" iron man, right? When he and cap fought in Civil War, cap didn't stand a chance without cheating because iron man's armor knew all of his moves. Cap had to be rescued.

It's been a while since I've watched iron man 1 but didn't he take a shot from a tank? 

Yup. He did. And almost not a scratch. And that was Mach 3!

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Are there even good superhero movies?

If you know of some, tell me and I'll see if I've already watched some of them.

Super

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Volterra_90 said:
d21lewis said:

Okay. Carry on.

There's a really massive problem with BvS. That the final "confrontation" is between two characters that were barely developed, and also the resolution was the most ridiculous resolution ever (Marthaaa!). I get that the topic of the movies is... a bit similar. But the flow and pace of the film, the story-telling, the way, way more emotional confrontation in the end (fuck, that was intense), and a villain who has actually motivations (Luthor's motivations came out of nowhere, tbh) makes Civil War a way better film. BvS is not as bad as people said it is imo. It's just too rushed. It feels like it lacks some scenes, and actually it lacks some scenes. It's not very coherent XD. 

About Tony Stark knowing about Spider-man, yeah, it's an actual plot hole. I don't mind about it tbh, also, I didn't mind about Lex Luthor knowing about the heroes. And you have to love sexy Aunt May :P. I didn't expect that XD. 

Based on the developement of Start and Rogers in the previous movies, it's safe to say that they would never come to blows. There's non plausible reason for them to fight unlike Batman and Superman.

Lawlight said:

Based on the developement of Start and Rogers in the previous movies, it's safe to say that they would never come to blows. There's non plausible reason for them to fight unlike Batman and Superman.

But there is. It's different from the comic storyline, but it made way more sense than in BvS. As I said, I think that BvS lacks scenes, there's something incoherent about his plot and character development. I enjoyed it, but there's something off about it. Character's motivations are not very clear.  

Volterra_90 said:
Lawlight said:

But there is. It's different from the comic storyline, but it made way more sense than in BvS. As I said, I think that BvS lacks scenes, there's something incoherent about his plot and character development. I enjoyed it, but there's something off about it. Character's motivations are not very clear.  

Yeah, I don't think "Bucky" is a good enough reason for Cap to go to war over. I mean he's not an idiot, right? Also, why does Cap want to be above the law.

Lawlight said:
Volterra_90 said:

Yeah, I don't think "Bucky" is a good enough reason for Cap to go to war over. I mean he's not an idiot, right? Also, why does Cap want to be above the law.

Because it's Captain America's movie. I mean, I'm all for standing up to his friend, but fully defending Bucky even if he got controlled by HYDRA to kill the Starks? Still doesn't make it any right even if he wasn't on his right mind. It's still fucked up.