By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NeoGAF rumor: AMD messed up and is the reason we are getting the NX next year

Pemalite said:
JRPGfan said:

So what? some engineer at tsm made a mistake and not amd?

Doesnt really change much... I have a hard time believeing a "switch up" mistake just happends like that.

Not saying the rumor has any accuracy, but people are laying the blame on AMD. :P

The fact those making the statement don't understand that AMD no longer manufacturer chips is simply more proof of how ridiculous the claim is. Anyone that has been to a fab will know how meticulous planned and tested everything is. Even if some a collosal screw up occurred it would be caught within a day when they are verifying the yields and testing.

Around the Network

Delete this this thread lol

If was true I imagine Nintendo would seek damages?

nanarchy said:
Pemalite said:

Not saying the rumor has any accuracy, but people are laying the blame on AMD. :P

The fact those making the statement don't understand that AMD no longer manufacturer chips is simply more proof of how ridiculous the claim is. Anyone that has been to a fab will know how meticulous planned and tested everything is. Even if some a collosal screw up occurred it would be caught within a day when they are verifying the yields and testing.

Not only that, but we're still in April. Even if that rumor were true, Nintendo's orders would take priority on the fab to make up for their mess and the lost time and Nintendo would still be able to launch their machine in time.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

NeoGaf rumors? "the dog of a friend´s uncle who works for a company that has links with the grandpa of a office clerk who works next to the low division development 4-985-bx team of NOA told me...."

LOL. Thank you, I´ll pass.

I have a different theory. NX is clearly something different, Nintendo has never been this secret about a new system(even the Wii motion controls were announced one year before launch). What if they wanted to launch holiday 2016, but then rumours came that Sony and MS were planning updated versions of there systems?

So in fear of them being able to implement any features of NX in the updated consoles they delayed it to March 2017. Also instead of revealing it at E3, they are waiting for Sony and MS to announce their plans or they might even wait until the updated systems are released before unveiling NX.

Around the Network

k.

That would be a very amateurish mistake...

Rogerioandrade said:
NeoGaf rumors? "the dog of a friend´s uncle who works for a company that has links with the grandpa of a office clerk who works next to the low division development 4-985-bx team of NOA told me...."

LOL. Thank you, I´ll pass.

You cut yourself off. What did the dog tell you? I'm curious now...

My friends uncle said it's your fault that NX doesen't launch this year!

As fake as Aonuma's "Zelda will definitely launch in 2015" promise.