By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NeoGAF rumor: AMD messed up and is the reason we are getting the NX next year

The reason for the delay is AMD accidently made the new Xbox Chip instead of the Nintendo NX chip?

I have a very hard time believeing that.
Its not homer simpson manning those things at the manufacturing plants.

If true.... hopefully Microsoft are happy getting new Xbox chips early?

Around the Network

Even if this is true, why would Nintendo make the decision to not show NX at E3 then?

I mean it already makes no sense really when you consider that if it were to release in 2016 I would guess it would be in November-December, so releasing in March 2017 is only a couple months after anyway.

Nx using xbo hardware confirmed!!! If AMD gets them mixed up they must be identical!

Like everyone else said, this doesn't even seem believable in the slightest.

I believe it! Just like how those people believe that the NX is cuming out in 2016!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

I find this very hard to believe, mainly because these kinds of things are incredibly, meticulously planned out and the amount of mistakes that would need to happen it just doesn't make any sense.
You don't just have a situation where different projects are passed between separate production lines or anything like that.

The most likely situation right now is that NX is using Zen and Polaris in one of the first APUs available, so they have to wait for sufficient quantities to be shipped to Foxconn, then final manufacturing there also takes time.
The updated XBox is rumored to have gone into production in like Feb, it would be basically impossible for this kind of rumored mess up to happen.
Assuming this is AMD making an SOC for NX they've had the design win for ages, no doubt Nintendo would have been in constant communication about where the project is at and checking on their investment, AMD can't afford to make this kind of mistake.

Either NX is using a Zen/Polaris based APU/SOC or NX launch games needed more time in development.

Hilarious. That is not even remotely believable.

It's so dumb it has to be true.

Smells like BS in here.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Do we post every shit from random guys now??? Hilarious!!!