By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NeoGAF rumor: AMD messed up and is the reason we are getting the NX next year

collint0101 said:
I can't see how a major company would fuck up that badly.

You do realize that the thread you're in is about a platform that is replacing the Wii U, right?

The. Wii. U.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
collint0101 said:
I can't see how a major company would fuck up that badly.

You do realize that the thread you're in is about a platform that is replacing the Wii U, right?

The. Wii. U.

Yeah but the Wii u never got delayed because Nintendo fucked up and accidentally shipped 3ds's instead of gamepads or something

Yeeeeaaahhh... sure...

Highly unlikely..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Meelow said:
The good side to this rumor if it's true is Nintendo will probably be able to get a really good deal from AMD, so Nintendo could theoretically release the same powered spec console and release it at a cheaper price then they were going to.

So for example if the NX was going to be $400, they could now price it at $300-350.

Eventhough I don't beleive this rumor, I was thinking the same thing. If it were true, Nintendo should be getting a sweetheart deal and can easily make profit or make a more powerful console for cheaper.

Around the Network
wombat123 said:
AnthonyW86 said:
I have a different theory. NX is clearly something different, Nintendo has never been this secret about a new system(even the Wii motion controls were announced one year before launch). What if they wanted to launch holiday 2016, but then rumours came that Sony and MS were planning updated versions of there systems?

So in fear of them being able to implement any features of NX in the updated consoles they delayed it to March 2017. Also instead of revealing it at E3, they are waiting for Sony and MS to announce their plans or they might even wait until the updated systems are released before unveiling NX.

With how paranoid NIntendo has been about the NX, I wouldn't be surprised if this were true.  I think Nintendo is tired of Sony and Microsoft parroting ideas that they popularize and, like you said; with the two of them coming out with upgraded versions of their consoles, Nintendo may want them to essentially finalize their hardware to the public before they can unveil theirs to prevent their competition from stealing their ideas.

Indeed, it could turn out to be a very favourable situation for Nintendo depending on what NX actually is. If it is an success and it would require completely new hardware for Sony and MS to adopt, than Nintendo will have a lot of time to build up a lead. No way Sony or MS could get away with releasing new hardware yet again in 2017.

That's no how these things work unless these manufacturers want to be sued badly. weak rumor.