By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Just Did What Microsoft Did.

Anyone who's anyone loves Mario, and Microsoft has NO Mario. That's the difference.

Around the Network
LMU Uncle Alfred said:
COKTOE said:

I think you pulled that off about as well as possible. It's hard to do that trick with Microsoft. I'm gonna try though.

Let's keep trying. Nintendid or Nintendoes what Microsolved.  I dunno, that's about as far as I can go.

Nintendoes what Xboomed?

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
COKTOE said:

I think you pulled that off about as well as possible. It's hard to do that trick with Microsoft. I'm gonna try though.

Let's keep trying. Nintendid or Nintendoes what Microsolved.  I dunno, that's about as far as I can go.

Microsolved, LOL! Good One.

Acevil said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

Nintendoes what Xboomed?

Failed to launch for failure to use company name. LOL!

Acevil said:
LMU Uncle Alfred said:

Nintendoes what Xboomed?

Nintendelays Zelda for U

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Jega said:

Care to elaborate.

He is not a Nintendo fan at all.

Indeed.

I have nothing against Nintendo but I don't really care too much for them.

Mosfet said:
KLXVER said:

He is not a Nintendo fan at all.

Indeed.

I have nothing against Nintendo but I don't really care too much for them.

I know from GT

Acevil said:
Train wreck said:

Yesterday.  It seems like it to me, there will be no other reason to divest that asset (they are retaining 10%).  They must need the money for something else...and it makes sense, Kimishima is a finance guy.

Which had nothing to do with the fact that it was because someone who ran the thing stepped down (Howard something). Trainwreck you all of people should know why certain decisions happen. Nintendo isn't exactly strapped with debt and cash issues. They have problems for sure, but it is not the same, and you know it. 

Howard Lincoln could have easily appointed a new successor to run the franchise.  I never said anything about Nintendo being strapped with debt or having cash issues, I just said it was surprising that they are donig this capital raise (which it is).

It's not really the same. Xbox to 360 was 4 years. Wii U to NX is 4.5 years (roughly).

Acevil said:
Train wreck said:

Yesterday.  It seems like it to me, there will be no other reason to divest that asset (they are retaining 10%).  They must need the money for something else...and it makes sense, Kimishima is a finance guy.

Which had nothing to do with the fact that it was because someone who ran the thing stepped down (Howard something). Trainwreck you all of people should know why certain decisions happen. Nintendo isn't exactly strapped with debt and cash issues. They have problems for sure, but it is not the same, and you know it. 

Now now now, let's allow Train wreck to have fun with his speculation and turn a boring, mundane story into a more dire one. I think I'll do the same.

The president before Iwata, Hiroshi Yamauchi, was a huge baseball fan and wanted to own a baseball team, so he bought controlling stake in the Mariners, practically on a whim.

Here's my take: With Yamauchi twice removed now, and with a new president in charge who is much more bottom-liney than the last couple of guys, Kimishima probably said, "Fellas, why do we still have this baseball team? Like, what for?", and decided to sell high.

When Sony sold its building, it was swimming in the red and needed the cash. Nintendo just turned a profit for the fiscal year, has billions in reserve and no debt. A building is something that is absolutely useful to the core model of a major business. A baseball team is so far removed from a video game publisher and developer that I'm not even going to bother thinking of a witty comparison.

But you go right ahead comparing the two situations. :)