By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo Just Did What Microsoft Did.

Jega said:

Microsoft looks to launch new hardware, a new controller and new features for Xbox. E3 can't come soon enough. Also looking out for NX news whenever Nintendo is ready. I think the wait will be worth it.

Why do they need a new controller? The current one doesn't need to be replaced and it was expensive enough to develop.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Jega said:

My first gaming console was the NES which I got in 1992 at the age of 11. After I saw Sonic the hedgehog on the Sega Genesis, I switched from Nintendo to Sega. When Sega left the business I tried PlayStation but Xbox became my favorite and still is right now. Even though Nintendo is not my favorite, I always respect Nintendo because they are a true gaming company there roots are in gaming, same goes for Sega. And Sega is my favorite of all.

So are you disappointed by MS and looking to switch again?

I am disappointed in the industry, not enough innovation in videogames. But you are right I am thinking about going back to Nintendo or go PC gaming. It all depends on the exclusives that I see coming for NX and Xbox.

LMU Uncle Alfred said:
Nintendid what Microsoft do'd

I think you pulled that off about as well as possible. It's hard to do that trick with Microsoft. I'm gonna try though.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I have a feeling that the nx will be a flop.

Conina said:
Jega said:

Microsoft looks to launch new hardware, a new controller and new features for Xbox. E3 can't come soon enough. Also looking out for NX news whenever Nintendo is ready. I think the wait will be worth it.

Why do they need a new controller? The current one doesn't need to be replaced and it was expensive enough to develop.

I saw this news (rumor) on either N4G or here on Vgz can't bother finding the link.

Around the Network

Being the historian that I am, I didn't want or card for Xbox. I did keep up with it, though.

Anyway, the original Xbox was just to "get their foot in the door". It was the most powerful console and each one sold at a $100 loss at launch. It was all just to pave the way for the 360. I heard the criticisms then but I can understand why they wouldn't support a money loser for ten years. It only released a year before the Wii (and PS3) but anybody who owned a Gamecube will tell you that its last year was pretty sad.

Train wreck said:
It happens a lot. Nintendo is selling a majority stake in a baseball team to raise cash...no criticism. Sony selling a building? Forums on fire.

Lol they sold a baseball team to raise cash?

Mosfet said:

I think that is what you fear. I think with all the secrecy behind it, it's going to be amazing. 

Turkish said:
Train wreck said:
It happens a lot. Nintendo is selling a majority stake in a baseball team to raise cash...no criticism. Sony selling a building? Forums on fire.

Lol they sold a baseball team to raise cash?

Yesterday.  It seems like it to me, there will be no other reason to divest that asset (they are retaining 10%).  They must need the money for something else...and it makes sense, Kimishima is a finance guy.

Jega said:
Mosfet said:

I think that is what you fear. I think with all the secrecy behind it, it's going to be amazing. 

Trust me. He does NOT fear that.