By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: "40 Million PS4's Shipped As Of March 31"

Kerotan said:
Turkish said:

It's gonna come close to 60m.

Yeah it will probably be around 57m shipped by years end.  Crazy. 

Didnt it ship like 17.7m last year? and their predicting it ll be higher this year.

Close to 60m sounds likely.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah it will probably be around 57m shipped by years end.  Crazy. 

Didnt it ship like 17.7m last year? and their predicting it ll be higher this year.

Yeah they did.  I haven't really check the numbers out to see where they expect it to be.  

kowenicki said:
JRPGfan said:

Where are they predicting ?. Forecasts are delayed and aren't coming until May.

Been so long I cant remember... But I remember the figur 17.4m.

They beat that this year with 17.7m.

At the same time, there was a prediction for the next year I believe I remember, and it was higher than their 17.4m figur.

kowenicki said:
kowenicki said:

Not quite that simple.  Some segments benefit from the yen and others suffer.

Overall, sales and revenue are actually down more on a constant currency basis.  In other words, as a group Sony did better due to the current Yen rate.

Sales and revenue down about 1% YOY, but that translates to being down 4% on constant currency basis.

And I'd expect SNE to drop today after these results (where is the growth?) and the interest rate decision in Japan.  I could be wrong.

As I expected. Down more than the market today at over 5% down. Analysts will be looking for where growth is coming from as there doesn't appear to be any prospect of it in these numbers, tight margins and the worsening currency situation.

Like I said, I predicted the stock to be up when they announce their forecast, not up on the results from this quarter.

kowenicki said:
JRPGfan said:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/04/28/sony-expects-to-sell-more-ps4-in-fy-2016-than-in-fy-2015-kumamoto-earthquake-might-impact-supply/

“For the fiscal year 2016’s outlook, we expect the strong momentum of the PS4 platform to continue. Due to the impact of the earthquakes there is a possibility that the supply of components from certain vendors might be affected, but even with that impact, at this point of time, we think that in fiscal ’16 we can exceed the 17.7 million units of PS4 hardware that we sold in the previous fiscal year.

Currently we are considering a variety of ways to minimize the impact of the earthquake on the results of this business.”

Around the Network

Shipments being down yoy by a small percentage is ok, since Bloodborne was in March last year. Hopefully it is up yoy quite significantly next Q with Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank, and No mans Sky.

Shipped, so a slight overtrack.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Blood_Tears said:
kowenicki said:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/04/28/sony-expects-to-sell-more-ps4-in-fy-2016-than-in-fy-2015-kumamoto-earthquake-might-impact-supply/

“For the fiscal year 2016’s outlook, we expect the strong momentum of the PS4 platform to continue. Due to the impact of the earthquakes there is a possibility that the supply of components from certain vendors might be affected, but even with that impact, at this point of time, we think that in fiscal ’16 we can exceed the 17.7 million units of PS4 hardware that we sold in the previous fiscal year.

Currently we are considering a variety of ways to minimize the impact of the earthquake on the results of this business.” 

Zing!! 

I'm interested in hearing their yearly forecast in may.  Pity it was delayed. 

That's it?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Will it be possible for PS4 to reach 20M shipped for any fiscal year or will it top off at around 18-19M?