By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: "40 Million PS4's Shipped As Of March 31"

kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:

It's clearly pretty good tracking.  Maybe a small percentage over at worst. Ps4 doing amazing! 

Approximately 1m.  Yes thats a small % but people would be screaming blue murder if it was the other way around.

I think it's less.  Very small % as you say.  Insane sales! 

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

This would mean we have the system overtracked. Not a big eal, but something to ponder when discussing the numbers.

VG has it at 39.8 million as of 26th March 2016, so unless I'm missing something, that looks pretty bang-on.

-edit. I got maybe 2 hours sleep. I see my mistake now.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:

I think it's less.  Very small % as you say.  Insane sales! 

Why?  based on what?

1m is less than 1 months supply. 

The reason why he said the % is higher is becasue this error is since January, the numbers here were accurate then I believe.  So its actually a very high error.

Do you understand that?

Total tracking is excellent.  And that's all I care for because it confirms ps4 is a behemoth.  That's really all that matters to me.  My console of choice in rude health. 

Puppyroach said:
Tracking seems pretty accurate, no reason to adjust.

Official sources are among the best reasons to adjust.

kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:

Total tracking is excellent.  And that's all I care for because it confirms ps4 is a behemoth.  That's really all that matters to me.  My console of choice in rude health. 

I know.

Glad we're finally on the same page my friend! 

Around the Network

That means from end of december and it being 35.9m to end of March (3 months), its sold 4.1m.

4.1m / 3 months = 1.367m pr month.

Not bad.

JRPGfan said:
That means from end of december and it being 35.9m to end of March (3 months), its sold 4.1m.

4.1m / 3 months = 1.367m pr month.

Not bad.

I remember back in early 2014 thinking could it really sell over 1m a month not including the holiday period. Amazing how easily it beats that 1m a month target 

kowenicki said:
Kerotan said:

It's clearly pretty good tracking.  Maybe a small percentage over at worst. Ps4 doing amazing! 

Approximately 1m.  Yes thats a small % but people would be screaming blue murder if it was the other way around.

Numbers around and right after holidays were pretty much spot on, which means that that 1 million over is mostly for the 1st quarter of 2016, that's over 40% overtracked if we use the approx. 3.35 million lt sales for 2016 up until March 26th that Vgchartz have listed. As a whole on lifetime sales, 1 million is well within the margins of error, but over the course of 3 months, it's more or less a disaster...

Edit; I think it's reasonable to assume that there are at least 1 million units in stock globally at all times this time of year, we have it at higher sellthrough than the actual shipments for the same period.

How can people think VGC is spot on with the PS4 tracking? There's 5 more days left in March to track so with the current sales rate of 300k+ per month sales on VGC and will be tracked at 40m or more as of 31st March that's the same if not more than its shipped.

If its selling 300k a week that's 1.2m per month and there will be a minimum of 1m worldwide stock on shelves/warehouses giving us a realistic of 38.5m-39m at the very most sold through.

WoodenPints said:
How can people think VGC is spot on with the PS4 tracking? There's 5 more days left in March to track so with the current sales rate of 300k+ per month sales on VGC and will be tracked at 40m or more as of 31st March that's the same if not more than its shipped.

If its selling 300k a week that's 1.2m per month and there will be a minimum of 1m worldwide stock on shelves/warehouses giving us a realistic of 38.5m-39m at the very most sold through.

We know the weekly tracking isn't great just like it's never been.  But the overall number is very good.  Ps4 sold or shipped 40m as of a month ago?  Who cares because either way it's an absolutely behemoth.