By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: "40 Million PS4's Shipped As Of March 31"

Puppyroach said:
Will it be possible for PS4 to reach 20M shipped for any fiscal year or will it top off at around 18-19M?

I think 18m-19m is more likely than 20m.

Still a big number, and if it does about the same in 2017.... before you know it (end of 2017), the PS4 will be around 75m units sold.

Around the Network
Puppyroach said:
Will it be possible for PS4 to reach 20M shipped for any fiscal year or will it top off at around 18-19M?

PS4, shipped 17.7 Millions the last year, and i think that 14.4 Millions in the year prior to that, i don't think that this year will be PS4's Peak year, of course the console will ship more than 20 Millions  some year.

Swordmasterman said:
Puppyroach said:

PS4, shipped 17.7 Millions the last year, and i think that 14.4 Millions in the year prior to that, i don't think that this year will be PS4's Peak year, of course the console will ship more than 20 Millions  some year.

Yeah I think 2017 is the peak year. By then PS4 neo is out, which will mean the Normal PS4 will have dropped to like 249$.

A 249$ PS4 + a 399$ PS4 Neo model.... they better ship over 20m that year.

Congrats Sony !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

JRPGfan said:
Swordmasterman said:

Yeah I think 2017 is the peak year. By then PS4 neo is out, which will mean the Normal PS4 will have dropped to like 249$.

A 249$ PS4 + a 399$ PS4 Neo model.... they better ship over 20m that year.

The last generation was of 7 Years to PS3, this will be shorter, so  the Peak Year, will be when the Slim version Launch, or when the PS Neos launch, and the PS4's price, drop.

Even after several rumors i'm struggling to believe that PS4 Neo, is true, they don't have nothing to  gain with it, a Slim Version, would sell more and have a Higher profit Margin.

And just like the 3DS, we should count New 3ds + 3ds, as 1 console, not different machines, so this sum the Shippment if a Neo Version came out.

Around the Network

Same as always on VGC, real tracking off by more than 30% (when we get japan and USA numbers and bgc track EU and RoW that would make half the number already know) in a 3 month period and lifetime very much within margin of error (because of previous correction)...

And a lot of people ass pulling numbers for PS4 and X1 just to fit their cheering.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Same as always on VGC, real tracking off by more than 30% (when we get japan and USA numbers and bgc track EU and RoW that would make half the number already know) in a 3 month period and lifetime very much within margin of error (because of previous correction)...

And a lot of people ass pulling numbers for PS4 and X1 just to fit their cheering.

The problem is that Microsoft, don't give official numbers, the last numbers we have are Mixed shippiments of Xbox 360, and Xbox One, before the Black Friday, Holidays's Quarter.

I Hope that when Microsoft, achieve some Millestone, that they announce the official numbers for Xbox One.

Swordmasterman said:
DonFerrari said:

The problem is that Microsoft, don't give official numbers, the last numbers we have are Mixed shippiments of Xbox 360, and Xbox One, before the Black Friday, Holidays's Quarter.

I Hope that when Microsoft, achieve some Millestone, that they announce the official numbers for Xbox One.

For all I know and care X1 could be 15M or 25M and we wouldn't be able to perfectly deny any of it. But I do believe 20M is about right.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Swordmasterman said:

For all I know and care X1 could be 15M or 25M and we wouldn't be able to perfectly deny any of it. But I do believe 20M is about right.

This is a Huge Gap, we will have to wait until Official numbers, Microsoft, cannot hide it forever, but without Europe, the huge lead in the USA, and the early 1 Million of sales from Japan, that the Xbox 360 had, i don't think that Xbox One, is so high like 25M, or so low like 15M, those numbers are too Extreme, we already have over 12 Millions just on USA, and there is no way that USA, count as less than 50% of Xbox One's Sales.

I Think that 17-20M is more Likely.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but Sony said that they expect to sell in more than 17.7 million units during FY2016.

In other words they expect this fiscal year to beat last fiscal year in terms of Hardware Unit Sales.

The full forecast will be released on May 24th I believe.