By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Already feeling anxious about NX...

I don't know what they're planning but all we can do is trust their judgement. If this thing tanks, it'll be on them, that's the tradeoff.

Around the Network

Hopefully it's backwards compatible with the Wii U, it has the Virtual Console ready from the beginning and the account thing it's solved by the release of the system.

I probably buy it at launch, especially if Pikmin 4 comes shortly afterwards.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

shikamaru317 said:
Lawlight said:

If we follow the same pattern as he PS4, the NX will be shown in June so at E3, most likely.

Already confirmed that it won't be shown at E3. My guess is TGS or a Direct

New gen hardware on a direct? Think of that, would you find it  right and  beneficial?

Ok, so here how advertising works. It's used to createa an urgency in the need for the product and create the feeling of purchase in order tosatisfy that need.

Advertising has a cost and a planned return. So, if you are the marketeer, how do you propose to ask money from your boss to promote a product that won't be in shelves for another year? You really can't do much.

I am sure you are thinking of goodwill. So, that is what PR is for. They are not using E3 for it, but we have been told that there will be an event.

This will all go in the communication plan. It will start with the unveil event and it will build from there. Don't expect advertisement until close to release, because advertisement that created a desire that isn't shortly transformed into the act of purchase and revenue is seen as wasted.

So... breathe. Advertisement at this point is well... pointless.

Nem said:

Ok, so here how advertising works. It's used to createa an urgency in the need for the product and create the feeling of purchase in order tosatisfy that need.

Advertising has a cost and a planned return. So, if you are the marketeer, how do you propose to ask money from your boss to promote a product that won't be in shelves for another year? You really can't do much.

I am sure you are thinking of goodwill. So, that is what PR is for. They are not using E3 for it, but we have been told that there will be an event.

This will all go in the communication plan. It will start with the unveil event and it will build from there. Don't expect advertisement until close to release, because advertisement that created a desire that isn't shortly transformed into the act of purchase and revenue is seen as wasted.

Ok, so advertisment isn't needed until August-September, ok. Well, what about letting people know about NX in general? What would be the perfect time to do so?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Things don't work like that these days.... companies announce devices weeks/months before their releases, not 1 or 2 years before like it used to be.

Nintendo will most likely held and event (confirmed) at October/November/December to give a full blow out on the NX (games, date, price, features, etc.). This will hit the core audience, I mean, Videogame/Nintendo fans. Both Sony and Microsoft did this with PS4/XB1 and it worked out pretty well.

Then the marketing campaign should start rolling out strongly in February.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

hershel_layton said:
Nem said:

Ok, so advertisment isn't needed until August-September, ok. Well, what about letting people know about NX in general? What would be the perfect time to do so?

Sharing even the slightest detail about NX will cause Japan to sink into the ocean and Godzilla to wreak havoc on the world, so Nintendo has to treat it with more secrecy than quite frankly most governments handle their own classified files.

Besides Sony/MS copy everything Nintendo does. Look at all their touchscreen controllers on PS4/XB1, and 4-player 3D platformers with cat powerups, and fabric based 2D dinosaur platformers, and all those multiplayer paintball shooters.

Totally worth having a frosty cold relationship with your own fans to keep these monumental things top secret.

Anxious? I'm getting a lil excited. I'm feeling they could have one heck of a line up if they start to shift their focus on NX. Start things off with possibly neat line up, and then build it up following E3, it could def be good! x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Lawlight said:

If we follow the same pattern as he PS4, the NX will be shown in June so at E3, most likely.

Damn the one time you try to be positive about Nintendo, too

I do find it really odd for them not to showcase it at E3.. hopefully it will end up okay though

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]