By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Already feeling anxious about NX...

Wait a minute. They're supposed to be releasing the new Legend of Zelda game for both the Wii U and the NX simultaneously. Have they ever done anything like that before?

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

Remember when Nintendo started pushing the Wii a year and a half early? Yeah.

Market is pretty changed in last 12 years, what worked back then doesnt work today, just look how Sony and MS managed PS4 and XB1.

Zelda is still hyped, and it was shown a LONG time ago.

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

Market is pretty changed in last 12 years, what worked back then doesnt work today, just look how Sony and MS managed PS4 and XB1.

Offcourse, Zelda is huge game, but I dont see how that has anything with marketing for new console. Beside you have PS4 and XB1 like proof you dont need long marketing for console.

Hedra42 said:
Wait a minute. They're supposed to be releasing the new Legend of Zelda game for both the Wii U and the NX simultaneously. Have they ever done anything like that before?

Zelda Twilight Princes for GC and Wii, Nintendo is doing now same thing.

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

Offcourse, Zelda is huge game, but I dont see how that has anything with marketing for new console. Beside you have PS4 and XB1 like proof you dont need long marketing for console.

I never said it did. I think if you have something amazing it (to a degree) doesn't matter when you show it (yet again within reason).

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

I never said it did. I think if you have something amazing it (to a degree) doesn't matter when you show it (yet again within reason).

Maybe for games but for consoles and other technical staffs it does matter, today people don't make plans years in advance to buy new console, they buy it 6 months after revile same like other technical things. There is no need for revile or marketing year or more earlier, again PS4 and XB1 are suscule proof of that.

Nintendo's not exactly in a great position.

What ever the novelty that the NX has, it better be something mind blowing or they probably are finished in the home console market at least. It can't be some underpowered piece of junk anymore either, the market is too competetive for that. They'll be able to scrape by with more modest portable numbers in the future, but will have to rely much more on smartphone games as a business driver in that scenario.

Which would be somewhat sad, but it wouldn't surprise me. They've mismanaged their console division straight into the toilet and now the deck is stacked against them.

40 million PS4s already and that number will likely explode over the next 6-12 months as this is really the point of the lifecycle that Sony starts to accelerate with price cuts, strengthening software library, and that new PS4.5 model.

The "NX wont simply replace Wii U AND 3DS" statement makes me feel pretty good about it as it all but confirms a unified library so droughts should be a thing of the past while we get more games and more diversity.

Miyamotoo said:
bigtakilla said:

Maybe for games but for consoles and other technical staffs it does matter, today people don't make plans years in advance to buy new console, they buy it 6 months after revile same like other technical things. There is no need for revile or marketing year or more earlier, again PS4 and XB1 are suscule proof of that.

PS4 was revealed 9 months prior, and it done just fine.

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

PS4 was revealed 9 months prior, and it done just fine.

That's true but then again PS4 also faced very incompetent competetion. NX won't have that luxury.