By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Already feeling anxious about NX...

I'm more concerned about the fact that they're apparently not going to be showing it at E3. At what other time for the whole rest of the year would Nintendo have all eyes on them for an hour? If they are going to bring back Space World, that's all fine and good, but it's going to be harder to get the word out and harder to control their own narrative the further down the road we go with no new information.

I'd rather be playing Metroid Prime

Around the Network

NoA or NoJ need to announce when their NX press event is within a week to keep curious Nintendo fans (which there are a lot just from VGchartz alone) who want to remain hyped about their next gen system. I cant imagine them going on for more than a month saying one of the most exciting weeks of video game announcement will not be dedicated about their shiny new console and nothing else. It will makes curious fans who were curious ever since last year's horrible E3 incredibly disgruntled and apathetic towards the NX.

Expect Nintendo to say when the NX press conference is within this week or next month at latest. 

DivinePaladin said:
Remember when Nintendo started pushing the Wii U a year and a half early? Yeah.

Give it time. They'll probably start in August or September and then roll up the marketing like hell near January, right after the holiday rush is over.

Remember when Nintendo started pushing the Wii a year and a half early? Yeah.

bigtakilla said:
DivinePaladin said:

Give it time. They'll probably start in August or September and then roll up the marketing like hell near January, right after the holiday rush is over.

And how well did either perform with the core market? That's my point. You don't reveal early to the core market because all that it leads to is either immediate overhype or a ten month flamewar. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

DivinePaladin said:
bigtakilla said:

And how well did either perform with the core market? That's my point. You don't reveal early to the core market because all that it leads to is either immediate overhype or a ten month flamewar. 

I'm pretty sure with the numbers it sold it done extremely well with the core market.

Around the Network

I think it's weird that they're not showing the thing at E3. Their extreme levels of secrecy sometimes annoy me tbqh

The reality is the WORST thing to do is announce too early. Hype is not something that only goes up, it tends to age very poorly unless your product is amazing, even if amazing the only thing an early announcement does is give the competition time to gauge likely audience reception and appropriate response.

nanarchy said:
The reality is the WORST thing to do is announce too early. Hype is not something that only goes up, it tends to age very poorly unless your product is amazing, even if amazing the only thing an early announcement does is give the competition time to gauge likely audience reception and appropriate response.

This is what NX pretty much HAS to be regardless. People are not picking up Nintendo consoles simply because they say Nintendo anymore. 

bigtakilla said:
DivinePaladin said:

Market is pretty changed in last 12 years, what worked back then doesnt work today, just look how Sony and MS managed PS4 and XB1.

You relly dont need whole year of marketing, XB1 was revile in May and launch in November, I expecting NX revile in September/October with launch in March.