By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Already feeling anxious about NX...

bigtakilla said:
Miyamotoo said:

Maybe for games but for consoles and other technical staffs it does matter, today people don't make plans years in advance to buy new console, they buy it 6 months after revile same like other technical things. There is no need for revile or marketing year or more earlier, again PS4 and XB1 are suscule proof of that.

PS4 was revealed 9 months prior, and it done just fine.

XB1 revelad 6 months prior also done just fine.

Around the Network

I think NX ads should start only 4/5 months before release, otherwise people will get anoyed by the ads and will end up not buying it...

Soundwave said:
bigtakilla said:

PS4 was revealed 9 months prior, and it done just fine.

That's true but then again PS4 also faced very incompetent competetion. NX won't have that luxury.

You're assuming head on competition.

Luke888 said:
I think NX ads should start only 4/5 months before release, otherwise people will get anoyed by the ads and will end up not buying it...

Agreed. It's no longer the age when they had to show it to the press, so that gaming newspapers could write articles, which would be published 3 months later and that's when people would start to get the first info about the console. The moment they lift the lid, Internet will explode and within a week 95% of gamers will know that a new console was unveiled. I still hope they release the console in November 2016, which would mean a May/June conference. It doesn't have to be at E3, but E3 has to be all about NX already. I've had enough humiliating E3s from Ninty

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

bigtakilla said:
DivinePaladin said:

And how well did either perform with the core market? That's my point. You don't reveal early to the core market because all that it leads to is either immediate overhype or a ten month flamewar. 

I'm pretty sure with the numbers it sold it done extremely well with the core market.

It did well with core gamers for the reason that Amiibo is doing well. If it's scarce, we want it, and the Wii was scarce for a LONG time. The legs kept up solely because of the casual market. In reality, the Wii's core userbase likely wasn't any bigger than the GC or Wii U's. And only the core market buys more than two games a year, keeping profit margins high. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network
DivinePaladin said:
bigtakilla said:

I'm pretty sure with the numbers it sold it done extremely well with the core market.

It did well with core gamers for the reason that Amiibo is doing well. If it's scarce, we want it, and the Wii was scarce for a LONG time. The legs kept up solely because of the casual market. In reality, the Wii's core userbase likely wasn't any bigger than the GC or Wii U's. And only the core market buys more than two games a year, keeping profit margins high. 

Fair enough. It was scarce and it was completely new.

shikamaru317 said:
Lawlight said:

If we follow the same pattern as he PS4, the NX will be shown in June so at E3, most likely.

Already confirmed that it won't be shown at E3. My guess is TGS or a Direct. 

Showing it in a direct would be downright pathetic to me. I would prefer TGS any day over a direct, but why not spoil anything on E3. Even if it is just the controller or at least something which is in developmental stage. Hell even a CGI trailer for a launch game would do.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

why do you feel anxious about a product that is not yours, do you have any stocks in Nintendo? Judging by WiiU success I would not have my hopes high for the NX.

hershel_layton said:
Nem said:

Ok, so here how advertising works. It's used to createa an urgency in the need for the product and create the feeling of purchase in order tosatisfy that need.

Advertising has a cost and a planned return. So, if you are the marketeer, how do you propose to ask money from your boss to promote a product that won't be in shelves for another year? You really can't do much.

I am sure you are thinking of goodwill. So, that is what PR is for. They are not using E3 for it, but we have been told that there will be an event.

This will all go in the communication plan. It will start with the unveil event and it will build from there. Don't expect advertisement until close to release, because advertisement that created a desire that isn't shortly transformed into the act of purchase and revenue is seen as wasted.

So... breathe. Advertisement at this point is well... pointless.

Ok, so advertisment isn't needed until August-September, ok. Well, what about letting people know about NX in general? What would be the perfect time to do so?

Take the FFXV event and advertisement example to see how these things go. They had a big event. We consider that PR. They revealed to us all these projects and used the opportinity to get some advertising in there for the pre-orders. After that, we haven't seen any advertisement. We have seen more PR with developer interviews. We probably won't see any adverts until september. 

That is how it goes. So, i would'nt expect adverts for the NX before February/march. Until then they can release all sort of PR material. Interviews, gameplay footage with developers, nintendo directs, twitter/facebook material, youtube videos, etc. 

Keep in mind that advertisement is incredibly expensive. It's called the atomic bomb of communication. It's not to be used lightly because of the high costs. That is why it's never used outside the window where it can transform into the act of buying. Though i guess that with the pre-order culture we have nowadays they could draw some different objectives. The problem is pre-orders are cancealable. But i haven't seen advertisement practices in that order. They are always close to release.

There will be an even at the end of the year. In my opinion, this was the only correct decision.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile