By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Roll Call - A Feast of Crows

RolStoppable said:
Wright said:

Sometimes, Rol, you just have to cave in and just flat out admit that Nintendo dun goofed you. There's no other way. :P

Sorry, Wright, but this isn't about me. Here's my post:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7840203

The only way that NX isn't going to launch in 2016 is if Nintendo has to delay it, similar to what happened to the 3DS.

When Nintendo's investors are being told by the president of the company (Kimishima) that NX is going to be a key contributor to profits in the fiscal year that ends March 2017, well... that immediately rules out an NX launch in April 2017 or later. And if you consider that the biggest part of video game sales happens during the holiday quarter, that pretty much rules out January to March 2017 as the NX launch period as well. After all, Nintendo expects NX to contribute to their bottom line in a notable manner.

So that's why NX will launch in late 2016. This goes for the home console and the handheld. How can Nintendo manage launches of two devices so close to each other? They'll be able to support both of them with software because those two devices will share a good chunk of their game library. Naturally, this will also create a strong overlap as far as marketing goes.

Lastly, the software pipelines for the Wii U and 3DS have been drying up as far as first party software goes, so this too points to Nintendo preparing for a 2016 launch.

Good luck spinning that as me being wrong.

But I like to argue. And the people who really deserve to eat crow after today's news are those who were saying that the Wii U will have another year of games, that the console won't be replaced before its fifth birthday.

Will the NX be for sale 2016 X-mas? NO!!!

Will the NX be for sale 2017 X-mas? YES!!!

You lose, I win---> Crow avatar crow!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Around the Network
Game_God said:

Will the NX be for sale 2016 at all? NO!!!

Will the NX be for sale 2017 at all? YES!!!

You lose, I win---> Crow avatar crow!!!

Fixed, and is exactly why he's eating crow and needs to change his avatar. 

We should change the title to "Rol caw-l", lol.

bigtakilla said:
Teeqoz said:

No, because the OP still doesn't say anything about a bet.

"I personally think the losing camp all should have crow avatars for a month, any other bets can be made among users themselves."

Exactly. It says nothing about you committing to a bet if you post which of the two (2016 or 2017) you think.

Teeqoz said:
bigtakilla said:

"I personally think the losing camp all should have crow avatars for a month, any other bets can be made among users themselves."

Exactly. It says nothing about you committing to a bet if you post which of the two (2016 or 2017) you think.

Aye this appears less of a "those in an auction house waving their paddles need to know they're bidding on something" and more a case of a crazy person in a street waves at you and you politely wave back which is followed by an indepth conversation with the Hobo about how ants rule the government which you agreed to be a part of because you waved back to him :D

I'm just saying, if it's all for fun that's grand but don't be asking the mods to go around and enforce your fun, those who were aware and perfectly willing to take part in the fun can do so, otherwise it's easiest on everyone to let it go, there is far bigger things to worry about with the NX launch date than avatars on here (like my lost €10 about it lol :D )

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Trunkin said:
Damn it, I'm on that list! All these years without changing my avatar, and now this. The shame! Just... just give me some time to paint up a crow for myself. I've never drawn a Crow before. It should at least be good practice.

Knew I should've said early 2017...

That hood is pretty good at covering whatever is underneath it, Could I suggest the million hours of MSpaint

since I have clearly edited the hooded figure... to be a crow.

You're welcome!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

The question is, you value your avatar too much to change it, or you simply can't be bothered to find a crow and put it? :P

Teeqoz said:
bigtakilla said:

It all could have been avoided if the person just said I'm not going to change my avatar. Either way.

Teeqoz said:
bigtakilla said:

Yeah this is why i'm not doing it. Plus when I commented in that thread it was never stated that you HAD to change your avatar, only that he thinks that people should. There was never any "You comment, and if you're wrong then you HAVE to change it". I don't know if he edited it after to put that in but either way I didn't read that. 

Plus I would have no problem with changing my avatar since it's all in good fun anyway had he actually put me in the picture for the teams. I'm still salty about that, especially since I asked him and he still didn't do it. 

Ganoncrotch said:
Teeqoz said:

Aye this appears less of a "those in an auction house waving their paddles need to know they're bidding on something" and more a case of a crazy person in a street waves at you and you politely wave back which is followed by an indepth conversation with the Hobo about how ants rule the government which you agreed to be a part of because you waved back to him :D

I'm just saying, if it's all for fun that's grand but don't be asking the mods to go around and enforce your fun, those who were aware and perfectly willing to take part in the fun can do so, otherwise it's easiest on everyone to let it go, there is far bigger things to worry about with the NX launch date than avatars on here (like my lost €10 about it lol :D )

No it isn't... It isn't like that at all actually. The person was made aware of the conditions.