By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Roll Call - A Feast of Crows

Aeolus451 said:
Teeqoz said:

Like I said, there was nothing in the op that actually said anything about any bet. Nor did it say anything about how you became a part of that bet. Merely that the OP personally thought the users who were wrong should have crow avatars. Now please, continue your witch hunt, it gives me as a bystander quite the chuckle.

I'm not on any witch hunt. You're being a bit overly dramatic with saying that I am. I'm simply pointing out that people made a friendly wager and not owning up to their side of it. People can split hairs all they want to weasel out of it or save face for not going through with it but it literally takes the fun out of bets like this when you have people doing that. Otherwise, what's the point of betting if it's not for the fun of winning and losing? If people don't want to own up to losing, that's fine. 

Preach. If you're not willing to lose, don't bet. 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Teeqoz said:

Like I said, there was nothing in the op that actually said anything about any bet. Nor did it say anything about how you became a part of that bet. Merely that the OP personally thought the users who were wrong should have crow avatars. Now please, continue your witch hunt, it gives me as a bystander quite the chuckle.

I'm not on any witch hunt. You're being a bit overly dramatic with saying that I am. I'm simply pointing out that people made a friendly wager and not owning up to their side of it. People can split hairs all they want to weasel out of it or save face for not going through with it but it literally takes the fun out of bets like this when you have people doing that. Otherwise, what's the point of betting if it's not for the fun of winning and losing? If people don't want to own up to losing, that's fine. 

The problem here is that the OP of that thread in no way said that you agreed to a bet if you commented in the thread. Nor did it say that the one month crow avatar thing was anything more than a suggestion. I'm sure that if StarOcean had actually agreed to any sort of bet, he would gladly change his avy, but in this case, there's nothing suggesting he did, and I know for sure I wouldn't be happy about it if someone were trying to force me into changing my avy for losing a bet I wasn't a part of. Especially not for a month, which is quite a while (which was why I didn't sign up for the bet to begin with).

Teeqoz said:
Aeolus451 said:

The problem here is that the OP of that thread in no way said that you agreed to a bet if you commented in the thread. Nor did it say that the one month crow avatar thing was anything more than a suggestion. I'm sure that if StarOcean had actually agreed to any sort of bet, he would gladly change his avy, but in this case, there's nothing suggesting he did, and I know for sure I wouldn't be happy about it if someone were trying to force me into changing my avy for losing a bet I wasn't a part of. Especially not for a month, which is quite a while (which was why I didn't sign up for the bet to begin with).

Poor reasoning is poor. He came here and he said 2016, oh, but if he loses he wasn't betting because he never said he was. 

You don't go to an auction house and raise your paddle, then try and say "I never bid though!"

bigtakilla said:
Teeqoz said:

Poor reasoning is poor. He came here and he said 2016, oh, but if he loses he wasn't betting because he never said he was. 

For crying out loud, the op didn't mention a bet at all...

Teeqoz said:
bigtakilla said:

I guess it really does come down to if the page was edited before or after his post. 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Teeqoz said:

I guess it really does come down to if the page was edited before or after his post. 

No, because the OP still doesn't say anything about a bet.

Btw apologies for lack of crow. I can't actually find a way to change my avatar from my phone. It only lets me use the camera as source rather than my gallery, as I managed to get a crow pic I quite like.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

so what are the rules? change avatar to crow?

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air

2Quick said:

Basically.

RolStoppable said:
2Quick said:

There were no rules.

alright.  officially changed to crow.

Proud Owner of:

Atari: 2600 5200 Jaguar

Sega: Master System Genesis (W/CD) Saturn Dreamcast Game Gear

Nintendo: NES SNES N64 Gamecube WII WIIU GB GBA(W/e-Reader) DS(i) 3DS

Sony: PS1 PS2 PS3 PS4(W/VR) PSP

Microsoft: XBOX XBOX360

Other: Colecovision, TurboGrafx-16, OUYA, R-Zone Super Screen, Xavix, Intellivision

Windows 10 w/ 12GB RAM, first Gen i7 processor, and 480 GTX; MacBook Air