By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Roll Call - A Feast of Crows

Aeolus451 said:
Teeqoz said:

Yes mods.... ban StarOcean for not fulfilling the terms of a bet he didn't commit... Do it.... Clearly it's the right thing to do.

EDIT: Haha, even if he got put up on the list, no where does it say that you are comitting to a month with a crow avy. The op merely states "I personally think the losing camp should wear crow avatars for a month."

If someone is unwilling to use a crow avatar for month when they lost a bet they clearly made in a thread where everyone in that thread knew that the losers were gonna use crow avatars if they lost, they're just being poor losers.  

Then they try and come up with excuses, bringing in peoples opinions from topics outside the bet to try and make them seem..... More right.... Or maybe try to make us seem less right.... I don't know. But I'm honestly having a blast with it!

Point is we bet on the year. That's it, plain and simple. There were things I had opinions on I certainly wouldn't have bet on. But I was willing to bet on the YEAR.

Around the Network

Too many people taking it far too seriously.

Somehow I'm sad I bet correctly, would have loved to have a crow avatar for a month...

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)

Food for thought. It could be confirmed 100% that NX was delayed from 2016 to 2017 and it still doesn't change the fact that the Wii U replacement isn't coming until 2017.

Basically it being delayed doesn't change the fact we won, at all. Please stop using this as a shield.

"Go on then, which year do you believe the console replacement of the Wii U arrives, we already have some vocal members on this."

This is the bet guys.

For all the other nit picky reasons people throw out there for why 2017 people didn't win (AKA you thought it would be holiday 2017).

"any other bets can be made among users themselves."

Everyone who bet 2017 is 100% right.

Ka-pi96 said:
Iyasu said:
Somehow I'm sad I bet correctly, would have loved to have a crow avatar for a month...

Well there's nothing stopping you from changing your avy anyway

Then I'd leave the impression that I belonged in the 2016 camp :/

I just like the idea of so many users participating!

I'll get my chance, perhaps the bet will be bear avatars

Platforms: Wii U, New 3DS, PS4, PC

currently playing: 
 -Yoshi's Wooly World 
 -Pokemon X
 -Fire Emblem Fates 

Zone: Europe (Germany)

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
StarOcean said:

I never bet anything

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7840155

Your name was added to the 2016 side and you didn't correct them. You're basically pulling a Rol.

Adding my name without my permission isn't me agreeing to a bet. And there was no bet in the OP to begin with nor was it required in the OP. Instead you volunteered me into an event without my knowledge. Inform the people of their addition and make sure your OP's actually say in them that commenting constitutes as agreeing to a bet and I will follow it as such. As it stands it isn't a bet because I never made a bet nor agreed to a bet. 

Iyasu said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Well there's nothing stopping you from changing your avy anyway

Then I'd leave the impression that I belonged in the 2016 camp :/

I just like the idea of so many users participating!

I'll get my chance, perhaps the bet will be bear avatars

I was kind of hoping the 2016 camp would lose so I could sport a crow avvie. I didn't have a clue which side would win, anyway.

Aeolus451 said:
Teeqoz said:

Yes mods.... ban StarOcean for not fulfilling the terms of a bet he didn't commit... Do it.... Clearly it's the right thing to do.

EDIT: Haha, even if he got put up on the list, no where does it say that you are comitting to a month with a crow avy. The op merely states "I personally think the losing camp should wear crow avatars for a month."

If someone is unwilling to use a crow avatar for month when they lost a bet they clearly made in a thread where everyone in that thread knew that the losers were gonna use crow avatars if they lost, they're just being poor losers.  

Like I said, there was nothing in the op that actually said anything about any bet. Nor did it say anything about how you became a part of that bet. Merely that the OP personally thought the users who were wrong should have crow avatars. Now please, continue your witch hunt, it gives me as a bystander quite the chuckle.

shikamaru317 said:
I've got to agree with Teeqoz and StarOcean on this one. Nowhere was it made clear that posting in the thread constituted a bet. I personally didn't realize the thread had anything to do with a bet when I posted, though I decided to be a good sport and put on a crow avatar anyway, though I won't wear it for a full month considering I never actually made a bet.

I don't consider that I made a bet either, but I joined in for the fun of it, because I thought it would be great to see so many crow avvies, whichever side won. Heck, if Darwinian hadn't started on the 2016 / 2017 poster, I might not even have decided on a year in time!

That the larger side lost is even funnier - I just wish some people would stop taking it so seriously (including one or two from the 2017 camp). Let's just enjoy the crow-fest.

I see there's 28 confirmed crows in the list, although I've seen one or two more, who may not have presented their avvies in this thread, yet.

Any of that crow left? I'm famished!