By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX launches March 2017 Globally

Ka-pi96 said:
Sprash said:

so every prediction can be explained with:

well he just got lucky that either something went wrong or everything was perfect so they could get the release done on time.

Could have ended it there really

I mean, no one here knows any actual info (and if they did then it wouldn't technically be a prediction anymore) so yeah, by default anyone that gets a prediction correct did it via luck.

so why can't we just congratulate gamemaster87 then? why the posts from Einsam_Delphin then 

"We didn't laugh at gamemaster for saying NX 2017, we laughed at him for his insane levels of denial.

"Meh, he just got lucky something went wrong during NX development."

why not just say "well gamemaster we laughed at you, but you were right in the end congratulation" shouldn't be hard to do

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
There's gonna be a lot of crow avatars around here. i knew it. Nintendo is more likely to stick to tradition/their launch pattern than to stray from it. 2016 was too early.

This isn't any pre-existing pattern at all. 

Wii U is being dumped after 4 years (really not even as it seems like they have jack all for it this fall) effectively. 

NX coming 3 months later than some expected is not a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, the people who predicted this stuff like Zelda would be on the NX, Nintendo is ditching the Wii U, NX is coming fall 2016 ... were still largely correct, just off by a few months. 

The "hope" for the "2017" crowd was that a 2017 NX launch meant a full extra year of real support from Nintendo -- that clearly is not the case and no exclusive Zelda for Wii U now either, so that ship has sailed too. 

Einsam_Delphin said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Could also be announced at TGS in September. Would kinda make sense for a Japanese company at least.

I thought Nintendo doesn't do TGS?

Sprash said:

and what is the reason for nx coming 2017 then?

As said already, because something went wrong with NX development.

and what went wrong in the developement?

Sprash said:

and what is the reason for nx coming 2017 then?

And what would that something be?  The NX never had a release date prior to today, anything before was speculation, including the assertion something went wrong with NX development.  This is Nintendo's third official statement on it and the first with an actual date.

Soundwave said:
Basically they wanted to launch in 2016, but Nintendo being Nintendo couldn't help being late.

And they basically confirmed Wii U is a dead man walking console, they've given up on that.

I also think one reason could be that someone thought it be a good idea to not go against ps4 during Christmas. Perhap fear of bad press after PS4 smashed Nintendo.

Around the Network
Sprash said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

I thought Nintendo doesn't do TGS?

and what went wrong in the developement?

Just a guess, but I suspect yield issues for AMD's 14nm chips was too low for Nintendo to get the numbers they would need for holiday launch, so they had to delay it by a few months. 

Soundwave said:
Aeolus451 said:
There's gonna be a lot of crow avatars around here. i knew it. Nintendo is more likely to stick to tradition/their launch pattern than to stray from it. 2016 was too early.

This isn't any pre-existing pattern at all. 

Wii U is being dumped after 4 years (really not even as it seems like they have jack all for it this fall) effectively. 

NX coming 3 months later than some expected is not a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, the people who predicted this stuff like Zelda would be on the NX, Nintendo is ditching the Wii U, NX is coming fall 2016 ... were still largely correct, just off by a few months. 

The "hope" for the "2017" crowd was that a 2017 NX launch meant a full extra year of real support from Nintendo -- that clearly is not the case and no exclusive Zelda for Wii U now either, so that ship has sailed too. 

Most of this site assumed it was gonna release in 2016 based on all that evidence.  

Nintendo has been following a launch pattern with it's home consoles.

hoala said:
FloatingWaffles said:
I feel like Nintendo seems very confident in the NX, which is a good sign. Was expecting a 2016 launch though.

they were VERY confident with the Wii U as well.

All that information about the NX really should upset you.

If they not gonna show it at e3, release in march and so on it will most likely be not the tradional home console with high end specs we are all waiting for. More likely its some cheap crap aimed at the casual market.

every company is confident in its new product. no matter how shitty it turns out. just look at the halcyon presentation.

Hunting Season is done...

Sprash said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Could have ended it there really

I mean, no one here knows any actual info (and if they did then it wouldn't technically be a prediction anymore) so yeah, by default anyone that gets a prediction correct did it via luck.

so why can't we just congratulate gamemaster87 then? why the posts from Einsam_Delphin then 

"We didn't laugh at gamemaster for saying NX 2017, we laughed at him for his insane levels of denial.

"Meh, he just got lucky something went wrong during NX development."

why not just say "well gamemaster we laughed at you, but you were right in the end congratulation" shouldn't be hard to do

He was right about about 1 thing and that was the year(and even then he was still wrong) but nothing else.

Zelda is coming to the NX, Wii U isn't going to get a ton of exclusive games from  Nintendo in 2016-17, Metroid and Aminal Crossing aren't coming to the Wii U and NX is launching not only in March but under 5 years of the Wii U this are all thing he got wrong .

Good. That will give Sony that tiny chance that at least someone will buy their most hated product this year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.