By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NX launches March 2017 Globally

Aeolus451 said:
There's gonna be a lot of crow avatars around here. i knew it. Nintendo is more likely to stick to tradition/their launch pattern than to stray from it. 2016 was too early.

Yep launching a console 3 months after the holidays and without ever attending an E3 is sticking to tradition!

Ka-pi96 said:

There's a first time for everything

I guess but it's way more likely they'll hold their own event where they share the spotlight with no one.

Sprash said:

and what went wrong in the developement?

We can't know obviously, but I heard some say it could have to do with some components not being ready yet like AMD's Polaris GPU thingumajigy.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Aeolus451 said:
There's gonna be a lot of crow avatars around here. i knew it. Nintendo is more likely to stick to tradition/their launch pattern than to stray from it. 2016 was too early.

Yep launching a console 3 months after the holidays and without ever attending an E3 is sticking to tradition!

Hey, now. My logic behind picking 2017 was more sound than those 2016 folk.

Aeolus451 said:
Soundwave said:

This isn't any pre-existing pattern at all. 

Wii U is being dumped after 4 years (really not even as it seems like they have jack all for it this fall) effectively. 

NX coming 3 months later than some expected is not a huge difference in the grand scheme of things, the people who predicted this stuff like Zelda would be on the NX, Nintendo is ditching the Wii U, NX is coming fall 2016 ... were still largely correct, just off by a few months. 

The "hope" for the "2017" crowd was that a 2017 NX launch meant a full extra year of real support from Nintendo -- that clearly is not the case and no exclusive Zelda for Wii U now either, so that ship has sailed too. 

Most of this site assumed it was gonna release in 2016 based on all that evidence.  

Nintendo has been following a launch pattern with it's home consoles.

I've followed Nintendo online for 20 years ... NX is nothing like any pre-release pattern Nintendo has ever done. Nintendo has never launched a console in March ever. They've never stayed this silent on a console with no E3 showing pre-release period. They've never given up on a previous console platform after 4 years. This is all uncharted territory. 

CosmicSex said:
WoodenPints said:

What the fuck is the Nx?

The fuck is it? An external GPU?

It can play the New Zelda Game coming! I hope that removes the toaster from the list! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Anyone know what thread inspired Wyrdness to create the civil war thread? I'm trying to track down some of the earliest bets on it.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
CosmicSex said:

What the fuck is the Nx?

The fuck is it? An external GPU?

It can play the New Zelda Game coming! I hope that removes the toaster from the list! 

Why, can't I get Link's face on toasted bread? Or Zelda's face? Or Tingle's?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Aeolus451 said:

Hey, now. My logic behind picking 2017 was more sound than those 2016 folk.

What logic? We 2016 folk may have gotten our claim wrong but our reasoning behind it is correct as proven by how a 2016 release really was their plan.

Soundwave said:
Aeolus451 said:

Most of this site assumed it was gonna release in 2016 based on all that evidence.  

Nintendo has been following a launch pattern with it's home consoles.

I've followed Nintendo online for 20 years ... NX is nothing like any pre-release pattern Nintendo has ever done. Nintendo has never launched a console in March ever. They've never stayed this silent on a console with no E3 showing pre-release period. They've never given up on a previous console platform after 4 years. This is all uncharted territory. 

Nintendo could still push the launch past E3 for a better time period to launch in.

JRPGfan said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:

I think E3 2016 will beat the disappointing E3 2015 without even trying.

With 3DS games only? I know Pokemon Sun/Moon will be big... but is that enough?

Nautilus said:

I want to go with you.Can you lend me a bow or a crossbow?

Get me one while your at it.... I was so sure, nintendo wouldnt f*** up a 2016 console launch... but looks like they did.

Better than holiday 2015? 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Welp, looks like I was wrong.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."