Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Donkey Kong Country game

?

Donkey Kong Country 29 15.51%

Donkey Kong Country 2 50 26.74%

Donkey Kong Country 3 18 9.63%

Donkey Kong Country Returns 12 6.42%

Tropical Freeze 78 41.71%

Total:187

Which of the 5 DKC games do you think is the best, and why?

Around the Network

I loved DKC 3, Kiddy is my favorite character, don't know exactly why. And it had the best of the franchise in the 16 bit era. But I have to say, all 5 games are amazing pieces of software.

For me, it's a tie between Tropical Freeze and DKC2. They're all awesome games, though!

EDIT: I totally forget about the reasons! haha. I think that both games have the best level design, and best world themes. Also, the soundtrack is pure genius. Maybe DKC saga as a whole has my favourite gaming OST of all time, and this really excels in both games. Tropical Freeze is a storm of new and fun ideas , and DKC2 improves a lot what DKC had to offer. 

They are all great, but I'm going with Tropical Freeze.

My favorite: Donkey Kong Country 3. I just love the entire trilogy for SNES, but the last one is one of my childhood games.

Least favorite: Returns. To be honest, I don't even think this one deserves the "Country" name. It's just a 2D Donkey Kong and nothing else.

Around the Network

I love all of them so much, it's hard to pick just one... but I'll go with Donkey Kong Country 1.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Least favorite: Returns. To be honest, I don't even think this one deserves the "Country" name. It's just a 2D Donkey Kong and nothing else.

I really don't why Returns recieves so much flak, personally.

Yeah, its music isn't as amazing as the others, but in terms of gameplay its as good as any of its brethren in my opinion. Its level design in particular is brilliantly kinetic, flowing, and varied.

It's hard to really say.. I don't have much experience with 2 or 3, and I know they're very highly praised entries in the series. Of the ones I've played (1, Returns, Tropical Freeze), I'd go with Tropical Freeze followed by the original.

DK2. Loved the setting, the bosses and the stages. For me it improved upon the first one and every game after DKC2 has not been as good.

I'm stuck between DKC2 and DKCR. DKC2 is a masterpiece with great levels and challenges, great music, great visuals and Dixie is a great replacement for Donkey Kong. She was my favorite character to use in it.

DKCR however let me play it with a friend, and it was awesome! I had an absolute blast playing it!

I got Tropical Freeze, but for some reason I can't get into it. I'll try to finish it someday with a friend...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread