By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Student kicked off plane for speaking Arabic.

Magettu said:

Oh speak of the devil, not even an hour after my last post and what do we have here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36079445

Over 200 people injured by explosions in Afghanistan. I mean woe I'm shocked, I'm just so shocked because these people are just as good natured as white people!

No I kid, I'm not shocked, this Muslim scum do this every day.

So how many did Hitler murder???

Or any number of Wars the USA has been involved in directly and indirectly???? 

It pales into insignificance what the Muslim world has done. What about right now in America where white police regularly Kill a black person? 

Don't write shite. The USA and the West are the cause of the conflicts in the middle east. The USA is the only country to commit genocide on a mass scale. Fancy being preached by hypocrites. Remember dropping Hydrogen bombs on 2 Japanese cities??? 

Around the Network

That's insane, things are getting really out of hand with xenophobia all over the world, that goes for most anyone. The fact that the airline has refused to counter the story with their own version speaks volumes, if they were innocent of the passenger in question had actually been a security threat; they'd be all over this, no one wants bad press based on false accusations (or any bad press for that matter).

Ashadian said:
Magettu said:

Oh speak of the devil, not even an hour after my last post and what do we have here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36079445

Over 200 people injured by explosions in Afghanistan. I mean woe I'm shocked, I'm just so shocked because these people are just as good natured as white people!

No I kid, I'm not shocked, this Muslim scum do this every day.

So how many did Hitler murder???

Or any number of Wars the USA has been involved in directly and indirectly???? 

It pales into insignificance what the Muslim world has done. What about right now in America where white police regularly Kill a black person? 

Don't write shite. The USA and the West are the cause of the conflicts in the middle east. The USA is the only country to commit genocide on a mass scale. Fancy being preached by hypocrites. Remember dropping Hydrogen bombs on 2 Japanese cities??? 

while the genocide of native americans was an absolute atrocity, I think at least Germany's well documented genocide of Jews does count as a "massive scale" aswell

and the bombs used on Japan weren't "hydrogen bombs", they were uranium bombs which used nuclear fission energy to generate it's explosive power - "hydrogen bombs" use fission energy to start a nuclear fusion which generates a much much higher explosive power

Hiku said:
Normchacho said:

What if his uncle doesn't speak English? Is he supposed to plan his conversations around being in public?

That's what I would do, on an airplane specifically.
I would text message if it had to be in Arabic. And if that's not an option, unless it's urgent, I'd wait until I get off the plane before having the conversation.
I've done similar things, not because I had to or should. For example, one time on my way home at night I went through a narrow forest path, and so happened to be on it behind a woman. I noticed she started walking faster, maybe thinking a rapist might be behind her, so I slowed down on purpose, and even took a different turn than I normally would, just to put her mind at ease. It sucks that we live in a world where women have to see any male as a potential rapist, but that's the reality of it, and it didn't cause me much inconvenience to help her not feel as worried.

Off topic ,I know, but can I just say, that I sort of love you for that? Lots of people don't even think about how women feel going somewhere alone at night. Be it a large empty street or a tiny forest path, and even fewer would have reconized her fear and slowed down for her.

Of course it's unfair. It's an irrational fear. As a woman, (or child for that matter) you're much more likely to be raped by someone you trusted. A friend, acquaintance or family member. But that's not the ones they are the most afraid of. They are afraid to be part of the rather small percentage that gets snatched somewhere and raped (or worse things) by a stranger.

On topic, this is just really really shit. It's also one of those things I couldn't imagine happening on a european flight (it probably did, I just have a hard time imagining shit like that). Our Arab community is way too large for someone to get worried over somebody just using the Arab language.

I get that the Airport had to respond to a 'security concern' but it's made even more disgraceful by the airlines subsequent refusal to even let him board on of their flights at all. In their place I'd have apologized for the hassle and lost time and upgraded him to first class free of charge on the next flight. THAT'S how you do customer service right.

chapset said:
Trump will fix this

Aye Trump logic will be to build a 200ft wall around all airports to keep the terrorists out.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Hope this spreads through social media. And dump shit on that airline.

You know, sadly enough this will probably spread on social media and some people will read it as "Airline doesn't allow terrorists fly on it" and end up boosting ticket sales of trump fans.

That said though I find it strange that when the security guard asked him about another word that he knew exactly what had been misunderstood as a bad phrase, it read to me like when you tried to slyly say something in class during a rabble session and if the teacher called you out you would claim to have been saying the word "Punt" because you love to punt the ball at break time!!!! honest, maybe I'm just reading into it. Weird story though.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

think-man said:
15 million is a bit much lol

Not long before it becomes trendy for people to speak arabic & dress up, and look dangerous and spook airlines and then sue for millions.

If he wins this case you ll see it happend.

If the airline kicked him off the plane for speaking Arabic they was completely wrong and should be sued. That being said there the possibility that the woman that reported him was xenophobia but not the airline.

If what the woman reported to the police was not that he was speaking Arabic but instead there a man on the phone making threatening statements and acting suspicious then they have a duty to take it serious and investigate whether the statements are true. Unfortunately the reality is that no airline going to delay a flight while the investigating going on.

I think it likely any body, regardless of how they look would be ask to step off the plane if someone reported them to the police as making threatening statements and acting suspicious while they investigated the truth of those statements.

In this day age, when someone reports something to the police at a airline they going to take it seriously.

Here's a bit more info on this.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2016/04/southwest-airlines-provides-new-details-on-college-student-removed-from-plane-after-speaking-arabic.html/

Dunban67 said:

we don t know if it was fair ornot-  because we don t know both sides of the story-  so don t put words in my mouth that i never said-

there is always another side of the story- we just don t  gget to hear it or hear it objectivly-   the other side of the story may or may not have merrit but the public may never know if it is not freely told

We do know incredible leeway that Airline and airport security are given to charge people. You can be charged with disruptive or simply delaying the airplane not even including doing or saying threatening things on an airplane. We know this bilingual passenger was not charged with anything. Knowing this can you give me a scenario where his treatment was "fair".