By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor!! Rumor!! The NX to be 4K ready!! verified by a confirmed user!!

Do you like polls

No 51 31.48%

Yes 55 33.95%

Maybe 30 18.52%

See results 26 16.05%

Total:162
JEMC said:
chapset? Never heard of him before. How reliable is he?

As reliable as every other NX rumour

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
chapset said:

The NX will be more powerful than all previous generations consoles put together, from the NES to the WiiU.

This part actually sounds somewhat plausible. Not sure if including Wii U breaks it though, but I would guess no.

That's not all that difficult though, the NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii aren't powerhouses by today's standards. The PS4 is way more powerful than every Nintendo console combined at this moment.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
JEMC said:
chapset? Never heard of him before. How reliable is he?

As reliable as every other NX rumour

Really? Ufff! I was worried for a second.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

If this is true then the price will be very high too.
And then Nintendo will have the same problem again and NX won't sell...

hershel_layton said:
Ultrashroomz said:
This is all well and good, but...

IS THE NX A DISH WASHER OR NOT?

Goddamit Ice Bear, we told you already- the NX is going to have a dish washer add on. It won't be included.

Enough with these damn gimmicks. Without a toaster, Nintendo might as well get out of the hardware business.

Around the Network

All I can say is that the source was verified. Nintendo also expect to lose 200$ to 300$ on every NX at launch but will recoup the loss from amiibos sales and other peripherals.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

AEGRO said:

If the rumor was about a Microsoft or a Sony upcoming console i could MAYBE give it a second thought, but coming from Nintendo?!

I mean, this article is from 2013. Just three years ago:

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2013/07/miyamoto-nintendo-underestimated-jump-to-hd-development/

Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto has admitted that the company may have underestimated the scale of work necessary to craft high-definition titles for Wii U.

“When it comes to the scale of software development, Wii U with HD graphics requires about twice the human resources than before,” Miyamoto clarified at Nintendo’s recent shareholder meeting.

“Please allow me to explain that we may have underestimated the scale of this change and as a result, the overall software development took more time than originally anticipated just as we tried to polish the software at the completion phase of development.

It shouldn’t necessarily be cause for concern though, with Nintendo responding to such experiences by easing their development processes with tools such as Nintendo Web Framework.

He continued: “However, we are almost out of this phase, and we are also trying to create something unique utilizing an easier development approach called Nintendo Web Framework.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are telling me that a company that was struggling with HD development not so long ago is going to release a console with state of the art specs and 4K res?

Come on guys...

Are you telling me you come here to write all this and you are not even able to read 3 lines to understand this is a freaking joke thread?

lol

Goodnightmoon said:
AEGRO said:

If the rumor was about a Microsoft or a Sony upcoming console i could MAYBE give it a second thought, but coming from Nintendo?!

I mean, this article is from 2013. Just three years ago:

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2013/07/miyamoto-nintendo-underestimated-jump-to-hd-development/

Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto has admitted that the company may have underestimated the scale of work necessary to craft high-definition titles for Wii U.

“When it comes to the scale of software development, Wii U with HD graphics requires about twice the human resources than before,” Miyamoto clarified at Nintendo’s recent shareholder meeting.

“Please allow me to explain that we may have underestimated the scale of this change and as a result, the overall software development took more time than originally anticipated just as we tried to polish the software at the completion phase of development.

It shouldn’t necessarily be cause for concern though, with Nintendo responding to such experiences by easing their development processes with tools such as Nintendo Web Framework.

He continued: “However, we are almost out of this phase, and we are also trying to create something unique utilizing an easier development approach called Nintendo Web Framework.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are telling me that a company that was struggling with HD development not so long ago is going to release a console with state of the art specs and 4K res?

Come on guys...

Are you telling me you come here to write all this and you are not even able to read 3 lines to understand this is a freaking joke thread?

lol

i didnt read the OP, but 4K and Nintendo together? It had to be a joke. Thanks for clearing that up.

Goodnightmoon said:

lol

He's not the only one that has made that mistake.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I'm not believing this. I'm not believing anything except Trev's leaks anymore. It's not worth it, especially with the recent messenger on gaf and his improper methods of acquiring information. It's only 1-2 months more of waiting. We will be alright.

Hi