By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor!! Rumor!! The NX to be 4K ready!! verified by a confirmed user!!

Do you like polls

No 51 31.48%

Yes 55 33.95%

Maybe 30 18.52%

See results 26 16.05%

Total:162

chapset? Never heard of him before. How reliable is he?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

My uncle zippy Miyamoto confirms this to be true.

sc94597 said:

Sorry, I don't see a 4k standard  for two more generations (if consoles still even exist then as they do now.)

I see it being similar to how things were between the 7th and 8th generations. Sony and Microsoft boasted 1080p in the 7th generation, but really only a few games used it, and they weren't demanding games at that. It wasn't until this generation that more demanding games used 1080p resolutions, but even then we see games with sub-1080p resolutions. Next generation 1080p will be a standard with some less-demanding games rendering at native 4k. Then in the 10th generation we'll see a lot of games rendering at 4k, but not all of them.

I think next generation Consoles will start to trend towards 2k. Or Quad-HD. Otherwise known as 2560x1440.
Even in the PC space, high-range hardware can handle 1440P in a majority of titles.

1080P would likely be the minimum, Microsoft would have learn't that lesson.

As for this "rumor" 4k would be doable for Multimedia, that's it. Just like the Xbox One and Playstation 4.
High-end 4k gaming is still impossible for consoles, they simply don't have the hardware available to them.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

chapset said:

The NX will be more powerful than all previous generations consoles put together, from the NES to the WiiU.

This part actually sounds somewhat plausible. Not sure if including Wii U breaks it though, but I would guess no.

Rumor says blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla.....................

Just stop it with rumors and wait for the official infos! Is that too much to ask for some people?

Around the Network

8k or no sale

Seriously, the NX rumors are getting out of control.

finalrpgfantasy said:
Seriously, the NX rumors are getting out of control.

Do you think this is "out of control"? Wait until the week before E3, and you'll see what "out of control" really means.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I smell cow manure...

If the rumor was about a Microsoft or a Sony upcoming console i could MAYBE give it a second thought, but coming from Nintendo?!

I mean, this article is from 2013. Just three years ago:

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2013/07/miyamoto-nintendo-underestimated-jump-to-hd-development/

Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto has admitted that the company may have underestimated the scale of work necessary to craft high-definition titles for Wii U.

“When it comes to the scale of software development, Wii U with HD graphics requires about twice the human resources than before,” Miyamoto clarified at Nintendo’s recent shareholder meeting.

“Please allow me to explain that we may have underestimated the scale of this change and as a result, the overall software development took more time than originally anticipated just as we tried to polish the software at the completion phase of development.

It shouldn’t necessarily be cause for concern though, with Nintendo responding to such experiences by easing their development processes with tools such as Nintendo Web Framework.

He continued: “However, we are almost out of this phase, and we are also trying to create something unique utilizing an easier development approach called Nintendo Web Framework.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are telling me that a company that was struggling with HD development not so long ago is going to release a console with state of the art specs and 4K res?

Come on guys...