By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's been almost 3 years and Wind Waker HD is still $50+ in the US

It's absolutely unacceptable that the game has been out for 2.5 years and yet it's doesn't cost much less than full price. 

A 2.5 year-old game can give you the same amount of hours of entertainment as a new game, don't you think? Why is it so unacceptable?

Around the Network
Nintation360 said:

Yeah so ?? These are NINTENDO GAMES not 3rd party games. Their price never goes down. This is also a Zelda game too btw. Still worth its price

Nintendo games are extremely expensive in my country, I can't even afford to buy Fire Emblem Awakening almost 3 years later 

Glad I sold my 3DS tho

HylianYoshi said:

My criticism is more towards the amount of copies, seeing as that's more the reason why the price is (in my eyes) so unnacceptable. Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough in the OP. My anger stems more from the fact that a few months ago, you couldn't even find a copy of the game for under $60 or so.

Unfortunately for consumers, Nintendo has a pretty consistent track record (recently) when it comes to making limited copies of their stuff. I won't claim to know anything about their finances or philosophy, but it seems fairly evident that they are a conservative company who would rather underestimate demand than overestimate it. Maybe it's because they are a (comparatively) smaller company and don't want to risk having to eat unsold stock? That's my best guess, anyway. Whatever the reason, it certainly makes it annoying for consumers who don't have the cash to get things right when they release.

Yep, its one of the worst things about Nintendo.

I generally shop online when I look for Nintendo games.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Europe got Zelda WW HD with Nintendo Selects games, I am pretty sure in next wave of Nintendo Selects US will also get Zelda WW HD.

Around the Network
HylianYoshi said:

It's absolutely unacceptable that the game has been out for 2.5 years and yet it's doesn't cost much less than full price.

That's not how Nintendo's pricing works. Let me explain it to you.

This happens with all console games. Game pricing is one of the main reasons for which i switched from consoles to PC.

Uabit said:

This happens with all console games. Game pricing is one of the main reasons for which i switched from consoles to PC.

While this is somewhat true, Nintendo games are in a league of their own when it comes to pricing. This is the biggest reason why I never bought a Wii and still haven't bought a Wii U. when I got my PS3 about 3 years after launch, I got about 10 games for it, all in the Platinum section of the stores, average price was about 13-15£, at the same time, Nintendo titles that arrived in the launch window were still pretty much full price. When Super Mario Galaxy 2 arrived back home, the original was still only about 10-15% cheaper. To me, that's just a no-go, movies, music, even clothing and cars, go down in price as they age, it doesn't make sense to me to buy older things for full price.

noname2200 said:
HylianYoshi said:

That's not how Nintendo's pricing works. Let me explain it to you.

bet: lost

I remember seeing Mario Kart DS for like $30 new at Gamestop about a year ago. If there is one thing Nintendo does not believe in it is price cut on software. (And controllers. Why is Wiimote $40 still???????). Some games do drop like the more popular ones online but in a store? Yeah good luck with that.

If price cuts were a religion, Nintendo would be an atheist XD

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you.