By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's been almost 3 years and Wind Waker HD is still $50+ in the US

VGhippy said:

That's insane. It's £18 in the UK (about $26)

(The Nintendo Selects version on amazon.co.uk)

The select version only launched yesturday before that it kept it's full price all the time at £37-£40 but now its £18 its a bargain :D

Around the Network

Sounds like a NoA issue because here in Australia most newly released Wii U titles(first party) sell for $65-70AUS($50-55US) which is very cool. Sadly the Wii U has not had a price drop in a very long time and that's the only element holding me back from buying one.

Is the case with most Nintendo games...

Rarely get a price drop so it's hard to find them when they go on sale, which makes it a relatively good deal to get them at launch

2nd hand is probably the way to go if you want a cheap copy

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Nintendo games almost never drop in price, even if it is a glorified remaster, which was made in 6 months according to Nintendo. Love what they did with the music though.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

If the WiiU was region-free, you could get the european Select version for 25€. I don't know why the Selects aren't the same between regions.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Nintendo's games always do this. They're very valuable. New Super Mario Bros. DS still sells $35 new and it came out 2006? You can get it cheaper on Amazon but the list price is still $35. I traded in all my Wii games and the gamestop employee literally told me "the only reason why you're getting all this money is because you're selling Nintendo games". I walked out with $350 cash. They're highly sought after and timeless games that don't lose value just because a newer version is out. Each one is its own entity. That's my answer.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 31 July 2018

I know many here view this as a positive,

I think the best thing about buying a console years after it comes out, is piling up on the software that released earlier on that is now cheaper to get a lot out of a system and have a blast with it at a lower barrier of entry.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I guess Ninten sees their games in high regards, which is why you rarely see them drop in price, which great that Ninten sees their work as high value, but not so much for people wanting a cheaper copy. Heck Skyward Sword used is still 50, and Radiant Dawn was 80 last I saw it.

Though sometimes a couple of their games drop, like the Nintendo selects, and i got Super Paper Mario for rather cheap. Go figure.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

If I ever do get another platform from Nintendo, I'll be buying the vast majority of their games by second hand ...

Nintendo's pricing practices is not a virtue, it's a god damned nuisance especially for someone as cash strapped as I am ...

I don't usually by the latest games when I often lag by 2 or so years but I could care less about Nintendo's bottom line since their far from being a favoured publisher in my eyes so it'd be insanity on my part buy their games new when I could be saving $$$ buying them used instead ...