By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's been almost 3 years and Wind Waker HD is still $50+ in the US

If you know ANYTHING ANYTHING ANYTHING about Zelda is that those disc's keep their value.

As a kid I always used to buy the gold one beat it and sell it for more then I paid for it. It was ez money for a kid. hehe

I have the wind waker HD game. I'll sell it to you for 45. :P

Around the Network

I mean don't most Nintendo games retain their value pretty well? A lot of Wii U games I'm interested in are still 50-60 bucks.

Based Nintendo for you

the rumor is that Nintendo is gonna do another round of selects this fall and you can bet that the games they got in Europe and we didn't get in the US will come here along with a couple new ones and Europe will get the ones the US got and a couple others. So i'm gonna guess wind waker will come here for $20. I'm gonna wait for that and see, got plenty of others to play before then.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

armodillo17 said:
Are you saying it is unacceptable that Nintendo haven't made new copies, or that it's unacceptable that they haven't dropped the price? Either way, I don't really get what your point is (and I don't mean that in a snarky disrespectful way). Companies make only as much as they need, and they charge as much as they think they can get away with. Clearly, whatever analysis Nintendo uses for this game's price says to keep the price where it is, and not produce new copies. It's just economics. I don't really see how pricing can be acceptable/unacceptable when it's governed by supply and demand. Other companies drop their prices after release because that's how they think they'll make the most money, not because they all adhere to some standard of fair pricing.

My criticism is more towards the amount of copies, seeing as that's more the reason why the price is (in my eyes) so unnacceptable. Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough in the OP. My anger stems more from the fact that a few months ago, you couldn't even find a copy of the game for under $60 or so.

bet: lost

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
I mean don't most Nintendo games retain their value pretty well? A lot of Wii U games I'm interested in are still 50-60 bucks.

You're not wrong about how Nintendo games have lasting value. But those Wii U games you're talking about wanting aren't 3 year old remakes of a now 13 year old game, right? And they're all pretty well stocked too? I think that Wind Waker HD is currently to the oldest first party Wii U game to have a price that high as of now. And it stems from a neglect to restock, or so I would imagine.

Well this not describe Nintendo as much as it describes NoA. Because here in Europe we already have Wind Waker HD, Lego City Undercover, New Super Mario/Luigi U, Nintendoland, DK: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D world for just 25$.

Goodnightmoon said:

Well this not describe Nintendo as much as it describes NoA. Because here in Europe we already have Wind Waker HD, Lego City Undercover, New Super Mario/Luigi U, Nintendoland, DK: Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D world for just 25$.

Well, I was referring to what Nintendo was doing in the US the whole time, so that was a given.

HylianYoshi said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Well, I was referring to what Nintendo was doing in the US the whole time, so that was a given.

True, I just wake up and didnt read it well, sorry.

I'm happy with the way Nintendo has handled the Nintendo selects here on Europe. I'm pretty happy with NoE overall.

Three years of hard work and still can't afford it? :D