By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why would my doctor do this to me?

What should I do now?

Nothing, you are both even 49 39.84%

You deserved it 57 46.34%

Get back at him!! 7 5.69%

see results 10 8.13%

Total:123

So I will try to make this as short as I can. A few weeks ago I went in to see my doctor and he spoke to me in a much different tone than usual .. I could sense something was wrong, as he looked very sad. I started getting worried and asked him what was up, and he proceeded to tell me that my blood test results are here and that I have cancer. I was astonished! I am 23 years old I'm super healthy and I regularly see my doctor. I started panicking.. He grabbed my hands and said all we can do now is fight hard and beat it. I was about to pass out that's how shocked I was. …And then he abruptly starts laughing and says “April fools you asshole! and payback for last year!!” (Last year I had pulled a prank on him and told him that somebody had smashed his BMW outside his office). I jumped out of my chair and started shouting "oh no you didn’t!"  But I was in so much relief you have no idea! I wasn't even mad at him I was just happy that it was a prank and that I didn’t actually have cancer.  To reassure me he showed me the real blood results, which showed that I was in good health.  

Do you guys think I should get back at him for this.. Or maybe I should stop because we are even now. 

PS, Yes this is a real story unfortunately, Im pretty close to my doctor ive known him for years now but I never imagined he would do such a thing, but he got me good that’s all I can say..

I trust no one, not even myself.

Around the Network

That's beautiful.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

FattyDingDong said:

So I will try to make this as short as I can. A few weeks ago I went in to see my doctor and he spoke to me in a much different tone than usual .. I could sense something was wrong, as he looked very sad. I started getting worried and asked him what was up, and he proceeded to tell me that my blood test results are here and that I have cancer. I was astonished! I am 23 years old I'm super healthy and I regularly see my doctor. I started panicking.. He grabbed my hands and said all we can do now is fight hard and beat it. I was about to pass out that's how shocked I was. …And then he abruptly starts laughing and says “April fools you asshole! and payback for last year!!” (Last year I had pulled a prank on him and told him that somebody had smashed his BMW outside his office). I jumped out of my chair and started shouting "oh no you didn’t!"  But I was in so much relief you have no idea! I wasn't even mad at him I was just happy that it was a prank and that I didn’t actually have cancer.  To reassure me he showed me the real blood results, which showed that I was in good health.  

Do you guys think I should get back at him for this.. Or maybe I should stop because we are even now. 

PS, Yes this is a real story unfortunately, Im pretty close to my doctor ive known him for years now but I never imagined he would do such a thing, but he got me good that’s all I can say..

No offense, but you've been such an asshole here with some of the stuff you've posted before, you deserved it. I mean really, that prank you pulled a few months back on that person (I don't remember if it was your brother or cousin or something)? That was just saddening! Look I'm not saying anyone deserve's cancer; what I'm saying is that you need to grow up! What you've posted here makes me think that you like to either try to start some discussion thats create's flame wars, or that you simply want attention for no reason, and that you make this shit up!

And as for the cancer thing, don't try to turn it into a joke. I've known many who've suffered from it before; and if my doctor did the same thing to me, I'd tell them to fuck off!

User was moderated for this post ~ CGI-Quality

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

What is it with you and pranks? Anyway, you got what was coming to you. You're even with him now.

bet: lost

I guess I missed what yall are talking about.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
From the guy with the story that lowly pranked his cousin sometime ago...

Kind of makes me wonder if he makes this up...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:

What if his cousin story was made up as well? What if everything he has said is made up?

Mike321 said:
barneystinson69 said:

What if his cousin story was made up as well? What if everything he has said is made up?

Good observation. But why would I want to make myself look bad , wouldn't i make up a story to make myself seem greaT.
Truth is that I love pranking people I have done it all my life.. and this is the first time someone has actually pulled a prank on me(a rather good one)

I trust no one, not even myself.

Mike321 said:
barneystinson69 said:

I don't know. If it is true though, then maybe he needs to find a better tone for everything. All these "pranks" he pulls will bite him in the back someday.

BraLoD said:
From the guy with the story that lowly pranked his cousin sometime ago...

LOL, my thoughts exactly.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."