By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why would my doctor do this to me?

What should I do now?

Nothing, you are both even 49 39.84%

You deserved it 57 46.34%

Get back at him!! 7 5.69%

see results 10 8.13%

Total:123

Well you have swallowed your own medicine so leave it at that. Pranks are okay but too much means that people will get annoyed of you and you might lead a lonely life when you are older

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

FattyDingDong is officially the "prank" guy. This is a payback for your cousin :P

FattyDingDong said:

So I will try to make this as short as I can. A few weeks ago I went in to see my doctor and he spoke to me in a much different tone than usual .. I could sense something was wrong, as he looked very sad. I started getting worried and asked him what was up, and he proceeded to tell me that my blood test results are here and that I have cancer. I was astonished! I am 23 years old I'm super healthy and I regularly see my doctor. I started panicking.. He grabbed my hands and said all we can do now is fight hard and beat it. I was about to pass out that's how shocked I was. …And then he abruptly starts laughing and says “April fools you asshole! and payback for last year!!” (Last year I had pulled a prank on him and told him that somebody had smashed his BMW outside his office). I jumped out of my chair and started shouting "oh no you didn’t!"  But I was in so much relief you have no idea! I wasn't even mad at him I was just happy that it was a prank and that I didn’t actually have cancer.  To reassure me he showed me the real blood results, which showed that I was in good health.  

Do you guys think I should get back at him for this.. Or maybe I should stop because we are even now. 

PS, Yes this is a real story unfortunately, Im pretty close to my doctor ive known him for years now but I never imagined he would do such a thing, but he got me good that’s all I can say..

Try highlighting the entire text and click "remove format" next time you wish to pass off someone else's work as your own.

Also, you need to make sure that your added "PS" parts don't fall too far behind the original text in terms of grammatical prowess.

Yeah, calling BS on this one. Guess some people like the attention. Also, good eye, THE1

Your 23 and you pull pranks ? 

Fuck it, I'm too busy with my university math exams to complain but your both even I guess however your cousin on the otherhand is left hanging without a conclusion ... 

Edit: Oh and I forgot to mention, you definitely deserved it ...

Around the Network

What kind of professional does a "prank" like this? Is he mental or something?

One more vote to the guy who said you should take legal action

GribbleGrunger said:
My GOD, the amount of people that have opted for 'you deserved it' is sickening.

Yeah, it's too low. More people need to be able to laugh even at more grim matters. It's a prank, no harm done and it sounds like he was pretty much begging for it. He'd pranked the same doctor himself before, and they know each other. In most cases, the doctor would be an asshole, but not in this one.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
FattyDingDong said:

So I will try to make this as short as I can. A few weeks ago I went in to see my doctor and he spoke to me in a much different tone than usual .. I could sense something was wrong, as he looked very sad. I started getting worried and asked him what was up, and he proceeded to tell me that my blood test results are here and that I have cancer. I was astonished! I am 23 years old I'm super healthy and I regularly see my doctor. I started panicking.. He grabbed my hands and said all we can do now is fight hard and beat it. I was about to pass out that's how shocked I was. …And then he abruptly starts laughing and says “April fools you asshole! and payback for last year!!” (Last year I had pulled a prank on him and told him that somebody had smashed his BMW outside his office). I jumped out of my chair and started shouting "oh no you didn’t!"  But I was in so much relief you have no idea! I wasn't even mad at him I was just happy that it was a prank and that I didn’t actually have cancer.  To reassure me he showed me the real blood results, which showed that I was in good health.  

Do you guys think I should get back at him for this.. Or maybe I should stop because we are even now. 

PS, Yes this is a real story unfortunately, Im pretty close to my doctor ive known him for years now but I never imagined he would do such a thing, but he got me good that’s all I can say..

Try highlighting the entire text and click "remove format" next time you wish to pass off someone else's work as your own.

Also, you need to make sure that your added "PS" parts don't fall too far behind the original text in terms of grammatical prowess.

o.o /thread

By pulling the prank last year, you brought the relationship to a whole new level of comfort, which is cool but can have its downfalls too. Think of your close friends, you probably rip on them, and vice versa, in a comfort zone where you know the other person is just busting your chops, and you return fire. Yet, some days you just don't feel up to trading barbs, but they do anyway, because that becomes part of the routine.

So, at the end of the day, you can continue messing with each other in a friendly manor (although now you'll expect him to be messing with your head), or you can not get him back and it can be a one and done sort of thing. I'd still be suspicious as to whether he'd try the prank next year. For safe measure, don't visit the doc anywhere near April 1st. =p

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

They say you made the whole thing up, fatty. Tell me it isn't so. TELL ME IT ISN'T SO!