By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why would my doctor do this to me?

What should I do now?

Nothing, you are both even 49 39.84%

You deserved it 57 46.34%

Get back at him!! 7 5.69%

see results 10 8.13%

Total:123

That's awesome. You started the pranks so what he did is all good even
If it is a level above what you did. Hell two levels above.

Around the Network

Never mess with a doctor and his car.

FattyDingDong said:
StarOcean said:

Looks to be the case. As what was pointed out the grammar on the PS part is different from the grammar from the rest of this seemingly copied text. For example the main body of the first paragraph uses "I'm" and such -never forgetting to add the ' at the end. However the PS part has "Im" in it. Now, of course, people make mistakes but it becomes suspecious when another mistake is made and he says "ive". Thats completely different from the entire post. On top of that the wording seems to have a different tone than from the first paragraph. Not to mention the badly copied text that has the post highlighted in white whenever you quote the OP. That along with the previously mentioned inconsistencies make it seem very likely this is just a fake post looking for attention.

I did go to Word document to check for errors and copy and pasted it back on here...  the "PS"  part however i did not spell check.

I dont care if it is true or not, the story is to good for me not to like it

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

GribbleGrunger said:
Zkuq said:

Can I have your liver then? I think it might be valuable, so better put it to good use if you don't want it anymore.

I doubt it would be valuable, I have liver cancer.

Hmm, good point. If you're serious, I'm sorry for your condition and wish you good luck and strength!

Zkuq said:

Hmm, good point. If you're serious, I'm sorry for your condition and wish you good luck and strength!

It was a joke meant to make a point. There is a world of difference between someone telling you your car has been written off and someone telling you you are going to die. Has society really become this unfeeling and bitter? It's about drawing lines and clearly you CAN do it, as your reply quite clearly shows.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
FattyDingDong said:

So I will try to make this as short as I can. A few weeks ago I went in to see my doctor and he spoke to me in a much different tone than usual .. I could sense something was wrong, as he looked very sad. I started getting worried and asked him what was up, and he proceeded to tell me that my blood test results are here and that I have cancer. I was astonished! I am 23 years old I'm super healthy and I regularly see my doctor. I started panicking.. He grabbed my hands and said all we can do now is fight hard and beat it. I was about to pass out that's how shocked I was. …And then he abruptly starts laughing and says “April fools you asshole! and payback for last year!!” (Last year I had pulled a prank on him and told him that somebody had smashed his BMW outside his office). I jumped out of my chair and started shouting "oh no you didn’t!"  But I was in so much relief you have no idea! I wasn't even mad at him I was just happy that it was a prank and that I didn’t actually have cancer.  To reassure me he showed me the real blood results, which showed that I was in good health.  

Do you guys think I should get back at him for this.. Or maybe I should stop because we are even now. 

PS, Yes this is a real story unfortunately, Im pretty close to my doctor ive known him for years now but I never imagined he would do such a thing, but he got me good that’s all I can say..

Hahahaha. What a top bloke he is? That's an awesome April Fools prank.. Not your average doctor that's for sure...

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

3sexty said:
FattyDingDong said:

So I will try to make this as short as I can. A few weeks ago I went in to see my doctor and he spoke to me in a much different tone than usual .. I could sense something was wrong, as he looked very sad. I started getting worried and asked him what was up, and he proceeded to tell me that my blood test results are here and that I have cancer. I was astonished! I am 23 years old I'm super healthy and I regularly see my doctor. I started panicking.. He grabbed my hands and said all we can do now is fight hard and beat it. I was about to pass out that's how shocked I was. …And then he abruptly starts laughing and says “April fools you asshole! and payback for last year!!” (Last year I had pulled a prank on him and told him that somebody had smashed his BMW outside his office). I jumped out of my chair and started shouting "oh no you didn’t!"  But I was in so much relief you have no idea! I wasn't even mad at him I was just happy that it was a prank and that I didn’t actually have cancer.  To reassure me he showed me the real blood results, which showed that I was in good health.  

Do you guys think I should get back at him for this.. Or maybe I should stop because we are even now. 

PS, Yes this is a real story unfortunately, Im pretty close to my doctor ive known him for years now but I never imagined he would do such a thing, but he got me good that’s all I can say..

Hahahaha. What a top bloke he is? That's an awesome April Fools prank.. Not your average doctor that's for sure...

He's a very humorous man, not your average boring doctor. Regardless, I did not expect him to pull this kinda prank on me. Haha.

I trust no one, not even myself.

Prank or no that was extremely inappropriate for a doctor. I do not care if you are close with him or not. Plus it is just not funny in the least.