By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if the Wii U was successful... Lets think about it.

what do you think of my guesses?

I agree with most of them 26 29.21%

I agree with all of them 9 10.11%

I disagree with all of them 16 17.98%

Ahh I see what you did there. 4 4.49%

I don't know 4 4.49%

I don't care 17 19.10%

See Results 13 14.61%

Total:89

So its November 2012 again and 1 year later the Wii U has the same sales as the PS4. What things would change?

Things I think would change: 

1. Codename NX wouldn't exist AT ALL. The Wii U is on FIRE so why build another console?! All Video Games would sell great!
  2. Wii U would have all 3rd party support... Are developers hard working people? Yes but developers would HATE the Wii U for being underpowered and its a PAIN to cram all their games into a little console
  3. Zelda U would've got released last year too. This is a personal theory. But I think the reason why Zelda U got delayed was because they are currently making a NX port. but without the port it would've released a long time ago!!
  4. We would get alot more damn games! 3rd party AND first party. I strongly believe we would've got the next 3D Mario game already. Mario games such as Sunshine, Galaxy and 64. Not the New Super Mario Bros 3D mario games.
  5. Now this one should've be a hard one.... Xbox One would've been selling BAD. and the PS4 would be less successful. I know there's people out there who woud get the Wii U intead of Xbox one or PS4 if the Wii U had all the 3rd party support and properly built.  

What do you think what would change? I have other reasons but those are unimportant lol.         

Around the Network
Nintation360 said:

So its November 2012 again and 1 year later the Wii U has the same sales as the PS4. What things would change?

1. Codename NX wouldn't exist AT ALL. The Wii U is on FIRE so why build another console?! All Video Games would sell great!
  2. Wii U would have all 3rd party support... Are developers hard working people? Yes but developers would HATE the Wii U for being underpowered and its a PAIN to cram all their games into a little console
  3. Zelda U would've got released last year too. This is a personal theory. But I think the reason why Zelda U got delayed was because they are currently making a NX port. but without the port it would've released a long time ago!!
  4. We would get alot more damn games! 3rd party AND first party. I strongly believe we would've got the next 3D Mario game already. Mario games such as Sunshine, Galaxy and 64. Not the New Super Mario Bros 3D mario games.
  5. Now this one should've be a hard one.... Xbox One would've been selling BAD.
What do you think what would change? I have other reasons but those are unimportant lol.         

1.No, Companies start working on new consoles after the current one launches.

2.The WiiU would've been succesful if it had 3rd party support, and it'd only have 3rd party support if it's succesful.

3.Doubt it, I don't think they'd delay it like that JUST for that reason. The game seems like a lot of work considering we've barely heard of it (plus Zelda games always get delayed)

4.Umm that's a given lol. If it was succesful it would've have 3rd party support and Nintendo would've taken it more seriously and thus made more games besides the simpleware stuff we have now with the occasional big game.

5.Again, I doubt that. It probably wouldn't be doing as good, but bad is a stretch.

In my personal opinion, if the WiiU would've been successful,  it would've steered the industry towards not focusing on bigger budgets and better graphics, rather on actually creating good content. I'm 50/50 on that because I don't think I'd want WiiU level hardware forever lol.

The Wii U would have gotten more third party support, but it wouldn't compete with Xone + PS4 + PC considering third party support and I doubt if a Witcher 3, Dark Souls 3 etc. could even run at all on Wij U.

But I agree it would have gotten more ports. As for your first party game predictions I agree with all of them.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Nintation360 said:

5. Now this one should've be a hard one.... Xbox One would've been selling BAD. and the PS4 would be less successful. I know there's people out there who woud get the Wii U intead of Xbox one or PS4 if the Wii U had all the 3rd party support and properly built.  

1. It will exist, but we would have not know the codename by now.

2. Third party support will be still non-existant.

3. Yes, they would have released. We know that the only reason is the NX version. Nothing more. Believing anything else is naive.

4. First party, yes. And with more ambition.

5. I don't care.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I can't imagine it...

I just can't do it man, my imagination isn't THAT wild.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Nintation360 said:

1: Yes it would exist, and it would probably have been revealed this year as well. Heck the only difference COULD be if it does drop this year. If the Wii U was successful a 2017 release would be assured instead of questioned. I think the days of over 5 years of support for a console is gone (THANK GOD!)

2: All third party support? Well yes and no. I don't think it would get the same games as PS4/Xbone, but it'd get support like the Wii where all companies would have made their own games that would work best for Wii U. For instance one of my biggest issues is Wii U not getting Crystal Chronicles. 

3: I doubt it. As some on here have said, Zelda gets delayed constantly. 

4:  Well third party okay, but first party? As I said before we'd still be at this transition period with games needing to be made for launch of NX regardless. A lot of Nintendo teams also have been spread out to work with other developers this gen (such as Miyamoto and a few devs helping with Star Fox Zero). Maybe a few more 1st party titles, and obviously more third party if they weren't avoiding it like the plague. 

5: Not entirely sure how it would eat into other consoles sales.... It really is kind of a different beast than the other 2.

Regardless of whether the Wii U was successful or not, it is still the best console on the market. That is all that matters to me at this point. 

I apologize for stating my opinion in a manner that presented it as factual. I've had a bad history with forums and I am trying to get myself on the right track.

Nintation360 said:

1. We certainly wouldn't have known about it this early, but no, it'd still be in development.

2. Wii U would be getting all of the multiplats that released on both 8th and 7th gen platforms within the last few years, but I can't see developers pouring a lot of money into downgrading their 8th gen games for Wii U, especially since they had already done this enough for the Wii.

3. No way a straight up port requires an additional year of development time.

4. True enough, I guess

5. I doubt this. At worst, the XB1 would have sold only slightly below what the Wii U was selling, which, according to you, wouldn't have been that bad. PS4 would have been very, very slightly less successful. Very slightly.

bet: lost

Nintation360 said:

1. I agree

2. Sort of agree - but only in comparison to X1 and PS4. Lots games of high-end PC games like Witcher 3 wouldn't bother with console versions if both the market and the technology arent there.

3. I agree

4. First party yes, third party no.

5. Pretty much a given

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Nintation360 said:

What things would change?

Video Games Are too damn hard

Practice Makes perfect!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"