By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if the Wii U was successful... Lets think about it.

what do you think of my guesses?

I agree with most of them 26 29.21%

I agree with all of them 9 10.11%

I disagree with all of them 16 17.98%

Ahh I see what you did there. 4 4.49%

I don't know 4 4.49%

I don't care 17 19.10%

See Results 13 14.61%

Total:89

1. No, but maybe not as quickly
2. Not all
3. Probably
4. Is a given if there is 3rd party
5. Doubtful

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I actually don't mind that it flopped. I enjoyed it but from the sounds of it NX will be considerably better hardware and every Nintendo generation has benefitted from better hardware (unless you're going to say with a straight face you'd rather play Splatoon or Zelda U on the original Wii in 480p).

I'm curious to know how well a Nintendo platform will do with ALL the 3rds parties that the other consoles have. I mean, I don't think that's possible even with a more powerful hardware, but I'm not so sure if that's the deciding factor at all.

Can't say I agree with any of the OP's points, maybe I can say yes to #3 but everything else is a no.

Eh maybe. knowing Nintendo, I feel like not much would've changed even if the Wii U did super well.

The only difference that would've happened for sure is that the NX talk and rumours wouldn't be as insane as now.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I totally agree on number #3. It's probably the reason why they delayed it.

I don't doubt they are taking the extra time to polish the game and add quests and stuff, but the original reason is probably cause they wanted to have a strong "hardcore" game for the NX's release.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

-Wii U still wouldn't have got the same 3rd party support that the PS4 / XB1 enjoy.

-The system would still retail for $349.99 Deluxe Edition, because Nintendo never drops prices unless they are forced to.

-Zelda still would've been delayed to holiday '16 as it was not ready for prime time by the end of last year.

-By now Wii U sales would start to cool off as the lack of major exclusives beyond Splatoon and Mario Maker finally catches up to Nintendo.

Basically, success for the Wii U early would've only delayed the inevitable release of its successor by another year or so in the grand scheme of things.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

LipeJJ said:
I totally agree on number #3. It's probably the reason why they delayed it.

I don't doubt they are taking the extra time to polish the game and add quests and stuff, but the original reason is probably cause they wanted to have a strong "hardcore" game for the NX's release.

It's not so much the impending release of the NX causing the delay as it is the game just not being ready for prime time.  No way was it ever going to be ready for release by holiday '15 even if the Wii U wasn't struggling.

Knowing Nintendo, the NeXt Zelda is still having some serious work done under the hood before it's ready for prime time.  Just look how much longer it took for Skyward Sword to be released for example after it was initially unveiled at E3 2010... a year and a half between its public debut and final release date in Nov 2011.  All we've had to go on so far for the new Zelda is the brief off-screen demo as part of the E3 2014 Direct.  We haven't even gotten a hands-on demo of the game yet.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Nothing would be different. Third party developers would still find excuses to not support it, and the fanboy haters would still be hating.

Ka-pi96 said:
Not much actually. I don't see why it would have gotten any more 3rd party support. Wii sold well yet other factors prevented that from getting much 3rd party support and those other factors are also affecting the Wii U and still would be even if it...

This is crazy talk, when the. Wii u was launched it had a couple of third party titles... The system sold out for a few days, when people started noticing it wasn't any better than their existing consoles, and it had some very long update to install before it could be used, and it had a serious drought of release for the first half year or so... It killed a lot of potential sales, and the momentum it could have had, if it offered an upgrade vanished forever... This is Nintendo's fault for not getting the market, the third party devs only saw it and decided not to follow in this descend...