So its November 2012 again and 1 year later the Wii U has the same sales as the PS4. What things would change?
Things I think would change:
- Codename NX wouldn't exist AT ALL. The Wii U is on FIRE so why build another console?! All Video Games would sell great!
- Wii U would have all 3rd party support... Are developers hard working people? Yes but developers would HATE the Wii U for being underpowered and its a PAIN to cram all their games into a little console
- Zelda U would've got released last year too. This is a personal theory. But I think the reason why Zelda U got delayed was because they are currently making a NX port. but without the port it would've released a long time ago!!
- We would get alot more damn games! 3rd party AND first party. I strongly believe we would've got the next 3D Mario game already. Mario games such as Sunshine, Galaxy and 64. Not the New Super Mario Bros 3D mario games.
- Now this one should've be a hard one.... Xbox One would've been selling BAD. and the PS4 would be less successful. I know there's people out there who woud get the Wii U intead of Xbox one or PS4 if the Wii U had all the 3rd party support and properly built.
What do you think what would change? I have other reasons but those are unimportant lol.
1. NX would exist, but it might not have been announced at this point. NX was announced early as an assurance that the partnership with DeNA wasn't heralding the end for dedicated Nintendo game consoles. If Wii U was going strong, there would be no need for that reassurance.
2. Wii U would have significantly more 3rd party support, but still have strong 1st party support.
3. Don't know on this one. NX may have impacted the timing of Zelda U - but weak Wii U sales might not be the only reason to have poured more time and effort into NX at this point in time. NX plays a major part in the grand scheme that includes Nintendo account, mobile apps etc.
4. Fully agree that there would be a huge amount more games, but not necessarily more 1st party ones.
5. Interesting one - XBOX had a bad start because of that backlash on the first reveal - and Sony capitalised on that and boosted the popularity of the PS4 in the months prior to launch. Wii U was already out of the gate and running at this point. If it had been more successful it might well have expanded its share of the pie to a greater or lesser extent, but I don't think it would have changed the ratio between PS4 and X1 sales. I could envisage Wii U and X1 being very close with PS4 still comfortably ahead but with a slightly lesser lead compared with now, But then, what do I know.
Other things that might have changed:
If the Wii U concept had been sold better and had been more successful, they may well have exploited it's capabilities further, like the fact that it can support more than one Gamepad.