By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - 'Captain America: Civil War' Review Thread - 90% RT/75 MC score - WW BO = $991.0M/DOM = $314.2M

crissindahouse said:
Lawlight said:

No, the fanboys who voted a 10 won't change their minds after seeing it no matter what - they've made up their minds before seeing the movie, afterall.

And the average is closer to a 10 simply because there are so many fanboys giving it 10/10.

The "fanboys" who gave it a 10/10 will like the movie even after seeing it. like I said, even if they would try to be honest they would still give it probably a 9/10. It's not as if they will be like "ohh damn, this movie is a 3/10 but I give it a 10/10". They will be maybe like "this movie was a  8-9/10 but I still give it a 10"

But most haters who gave it a 1/10 will think that it deserves a better score and with better iI don't mean a 2/10^^

And wtf about:

"And the average is closer to a 10 simply because there are so many fanboys giving it 10/10"

I mean, sure, just believe that the average audience score is only above 5.5/10 because of fanboys and not because the movie deserves simply something above a 5.5 in the opinion of the average audience ... you really believe the score would be below a 5.5 without fanboys? Hahahah sure. Let's look after some 100k votes when most who voted are "normal" people who aren't "fans"

But why do I try to tell you this, you have made up your mind about this and probably all other Marvel movies released under Disney long time ago, right?

BTW when I posted about the many 1/10 votes 20% of the votes were a 1/10. It changed now to only 12.4% so that it is not really anything we still have to talk about...it's still much worse as it will be in a week or so but already much less as yesterday or whenever I posted it. 

Batman vs Superman has only 3.9% of 1/10 votes (with some Marvel fanboys voting it down) so I think that this is a number Civil War will probably reach as well with enough votes. 

Well, the MCU movies are mostly 5/10 movies for me (some lower, some higher). I have high hope that this will be at least a 7/10 movie but I'll be ok if it's a 6/10.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
animegaming said:
We know live in a world where a Captain America film is doing better critically and will likely have a better run at the box office then a Batman vs Superman film.

just WOW

It's also an Iron Man and Spider-Man movie.

while Spider-Man is very big 10 years ago though no would thought that an Iron Man film would even come close to rivaling Batman or Superman film.

I just saw it.   And I LOVED IT!

I would give it a 9/10

Critics Consensus edited into FP. They usually come after 50 reviews or so.

Apparently it had the biggest OD in South Korea. Plus other strong opening day in countries such as France, Hong Kong etc

PS4/PS3/PC/3DS Owner (Will buy a Switch when mainline Pokemon game is released)

To be honest though the driver of superhero films today is largely people who grew up in the 80s/90s ... Batman was cool ... but Superman was ... not cool.

The Infinity Gauntlet and X-Men and Spider-Man (McFarlane-era) were all "cool", moreso than Superman ... so no it doesn't entirely stun me characters like the Avengers, Captain America, etc. are very popular.

I grew up collecting Marvel cards and comics, so did basically every kid I knew, now we're all in our 20s/30s. We know all these characters.

It's really just "Marvel" ... that's the brand it's not a specific Iron Man or Captain America movie, Disney is smart enough to basically make all these movies "Marvel universe" movies.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
crissindahouse said:

The "fanboys" who gave it a 10/10 will like the movie even after seeing it. like I said, even if they would try to be honest they would still give it probably a 9/10. It's not as if they will be like "ohh damn, this movie is a 3/10 but I give it a 10/10". They will be maybe like "this movie was a  8-9/10 but I still give it a 10"

But most haters who gave it a 1/10 will think that it deserves a better score and with better iI don't mean a 2/10^^

And wtf about:

"And the average is closer to a 10 simply because there are so many fanboys giving it 10/10"

I mean, sure, just believe that the average audience score is only above 5.5/10 because of fanboys and not because the movie deserves simply something above a 5.5 in the opinion of the average audience ... you really believe the score would be below a 5.5 without fanboys? Hahahah sure. Let's look after some 100k votes when most who voted are "normal" people who aren't "fans"

But why do I try to tell you this, you have made up your mind about this and probably all other Marvel movies released under Disney long time ago, right?

BTW when I posted about the many 1/10 votes 20% of the votes were a 1/10. It changed now to only 12.4% so that it is not really anything we still have to talk about...it's still much worse as it will be in a week or so but already much less as yesterday or whenever I posted it. 

Batman vs Superman has only 3.9% of 1/10 votes (with some Marvel fanboys voting it down) so I think that this is a number Civil War will probably reach as well with enough votes. 

Well, the MCU movies are mostly 5/10 movies for me (some lower, some higher). I have high hope that this will be at least a 7/10 movie but I'll be ok if it's a 6/10.

Doesn't change that the movie would get something above a 5.5/10  even without Marvel fanboys voting a 10/10 just because they want to vote it a perfect score. 

I also vote like 90% of all movies lower as most people do on average but that doesn't mean that the movies got a higher average score because of fanboys. It only means that I'm more critical as the average audience. 

Believe the hype. This movie is a blast, best MCU film and probably one of the best superhero movies ever madre imo. It's outstanding how they blend an emotional, pokytical drama with a joyful blockbuster. Just wonderful.

Saw it last night, very disappointed. Massively overrated imo

Lawlight said:
animegaming said:
We know live in a world where a Captain America film is doing better critically and will likely have a better run at the box office then a Batman vs Superman film.

just WOW

It's also an Iron Man and Spider-Man movie.

Let's face it, it's really an Averngers break-up before they make-up movie. They probably had some contractual obligation with Chris Evans to make 3 Cap movies so they called this Captain America. But really it should have been 'Avengers: Civil War'

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Dirtybynature said:
Critics Consensus edited into FP. They usually come after 50 reviews or so.

Apparently it had the biggest OD in South Korea. Plus other strong opening day in countries such as France, Hong Kong etc

It's a little weird though.