By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Verified NeoGAF member has posted a bunch of NX leaks. Now updated with gimmicks, Luigi's Mansion and other stuff

Soundwave said:
It was always going to be tricky to get a high end mobile processor that could match console graphics into a passively cooled portable.

The Apple A9X is probably the best one right now under such a scenario (approximately 500 GFLOPS performance) ... and that has the giant sized of the iPad Pro, even the new iPad which has an A9X has to have a lower clocked version of it presumably because of heat/battery issues and that's still a large device.

It'll have sub HD screen resolution for sure, so that'll help immensly. Having the NXDS be as powerful as the iPhone 7, but a 540p main screen resolution will make the games look a lot better in all other areas.

Around the Network

This stuff seems like stuff would happen anyway, at least game-wise

The controller probably still has a screen on it. It would kinda have to in order for a Mario Maker port to be workable in any real way.

Also, and I must reiterate, this thing is GOING to have a screen controller. That was NOT the reason the Wii U failed, they were NOT trying to copy tablets, and it will NOT drag the NX's appeal down. Hopefully the NX will be powerful enough to have a screen on every controller, instead of just one. And they need to make every NX controller FEEL like a pro controller. It needs to be small, comfortable, ergonomic, and batmarang shaped.

I need to be able to look at it and think "yeah, I'd love to use this as my main Smash/racing game/fighting game/hack-n-slash/shooter controller.

Something in the range of a 2.5 TFLOP GPU would be effectively double an XBox One ... probably enough power to last Nintendo for another 10+ years, lol. Like this will be good enough for Nintendo's games for a long time, aside from maybe needing 4K resolution at some point.

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Something in the range of a 2.5 TFLOP GPU would be effectively double an XBox One ... probably enough power to last Nintendo for another 10+ years, lol. Like this will be good enough for Nintendo's games for a long time, aside from maybe needing 4K resolution at some point.

The NX most definitely won't be built in a way where that matters. I've said this before, but if the NXDS comes out at the end of 2017 like I now think it will, I'm 100% sure that the NX will recieve a hardware refresh once every two years indefinitely, with the NXDS doing the same thing in the gap years.

NX 2016. NXDS 2017. NX.2 2018. NXDS.2 2019. Repeat forever. They really are trying to be like Apple. Consoles don't need hard resets anymore. I can get my launch NX, have it last for 6-8 years, and then upgrade to the new NX.3/4 and just transfer my games over, prepared for the next 6-8 years.

Console generations are over.

The leaks are back! I agree with this guy. Seems trustworthy

Hm, wondering what that "noticeable amount" is...15-30% is not really that much, but if that's what they're going for, then I guess NX GPU might be very similar to PS4's, just without 2CUs disabled and with somewhat higher clock.

I feel like all these rumors are coming up because E3 is coming up so people are more likely to pay attention to any leaks from here on out.

I'm not saying this leak is real or fake but its only two more months until E3 or Nintendo's last chance to reveal the NX so I'm just going to keep my expectations in check until then.

animegaming said:

[…]

x86 is 64-bit and ARM is 32-bit. 

[…]

In 2013 the first 64-Bit ARM processor was released. On top of that, x86 is not 64 Bit. It's 32 Bit! IA64 failed miserably, instead AMD64 was the way to go, which isn't native 64-Bit but basically just an enhancement to the existing 32-Bit platform. So all in all, this statement is horribly wrong. 

About all the other stuff: Anyone could have made that up by now. Nothing new here. 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.