By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Verified NeoGAF member has posted a bunch of NX leaks. Now updated with gimmicks, Luigi's Mansion and other stuff

spemanig said:
Emily, as well as multiple Gaf insiders, are backing this up. Seems legit, in which case:

"Nobody knows anything about the handheld." Weird. A Gaffer knew details about the handheld months ago, specifically about the resolution. Not good though. This means not many third party games will have their games on both.

Could indicate Nintendo is waiting on yields on high end 14nm components to become more acceptable. They're probably not great right now as its a relatively new process. 

A home console doesn't really matter so much in that regard, it can be 28nm and it doesn't make a difference because it will be plugged into wall power, making the console is easy, making the corresponding portable was always going to be far more difficult. 

They probably need to have 14nm for the portable not to melt/burn out after 30 minutes. 

Around the Network

so basically this is saying that Nintendo is going to come to market and have the most expensive console. Or sell their console at a loss to match PS4 prices?

NINTENDO?????!!!!!!!

It might be that they simply don't want to release the handheld that close to the console. Many of us were speculating a release date close to the console, like early 2017, but this pretty much guarantees that we won't see the handheld until holiday 2017.

This might make good business sense, as they don't want to bombard the market with a bunch of NX products at the same time. A year difference would make sure this doesn't happen. With that in mind, it probably means that 3rd party support for cross-platform NXDS games could still become standard - they just don't have the kits yet.

Soundwave said:

Could indicate Nintendo is waiting on yields on high end 14nm components to become more acceptable. They're probably not great right now as its a relatively new process. 

A home console doesn't really matter so much in that regard, it can be 28nm and it doesn't make a difference because it will be plugged into wall power, making the console is easy, making the corresponding portable was always going to be far more difficult. 

They probably need to have 14nm for the portable not to melt/burn out after 30 minutes. 

That's a good point. Another one is that if the NXDS is being build to downport NX games, waiting an extra year to release it would obviously give it access to more powerful hardware in general, making that process easier.

It was always going to be tricky to get a high end mobile processor that could match console graphics into a passively cooled portable.

The Apple A9X is probably the best one right now under such a scenario (approximately 500 GFLOPS performance) ... and that has the giant sized of the iPad Pro, even the new iPad which has an A9X has to have a lower clocked version of it presumably because of heat/battery issues and that's still a large device.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
so basically this is saying that Nintendo is going to come to market and have the most expensive console. Or sell their console at a loss to match PS4 prices?

NINTENDO?????!!!!!!!

Not really 15-30% better than a PS4 is nothing mind blowing for 2016. It will probably be $299-$350. 

So basically he tells us what we already know or any scrub could think up AGAIN ...

Along with the PS4K rumor why cant people just wait for E3 ffs this shits annoying

X86 is 32 bit... fucking noob.
X64 is 64 bit.

Intrinsic said:

NINTENDO?????!!!!!!!

"The way in which dedicated video game systems and their software are sold has not changed significantly since the business model of dedicated video game platforms was first established 30 years ago. Dedicated video game systems are sold for two hundred (handhelds) or three hundred (consoles) dollars, on which standalone software titles are distributed for 30 (handhelds) or 50 (consoles) dollars. This simple model received widespread support from consumers that enabled us to create today’s market. The decision to change it is the manifestation of our recognition that we cannot expect this model to work forever amid dynamic changes in people’s lifestyles."

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140130/03.html

Now in this, he goes on to explain what we now know to be My Nintendo. But take note of something - My Nintendo is their solution to the software problem, but they also brought up hardware. Why would they do that here?

Use your imagination. I don't think the NX's priced is going to be fixed. You know what I think? I think they might offer an Apple-like payment plan for it. The option to pay X amount of dollars a month for it. Or something else entirely. Something that makes it seem cheaper than it is under specific conditions. Maybe My Nintendo will have something to do with it. But I definitely don't think it will only be priced the way we're used to, in a fixed way.

Loved everything... and that's what worries me. Nintendo usually does some weird stuff, this is too rational.

But I would like these rumors to come true.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won