By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Verified NeoGAF member has posted a bunch of NX leaks. Now updated with gimmicks, Luigi's Mansion and other stuff

Also, on the handheld topic, remember that IndieGamerChick said that the NX had "multiple control options."

Around the Network

Super smash, will it have all the dlc plus new content? if so then I might hold off on buying the last few bits of dlc added. And I'd only consider NX if it BC with both Wii and WiiU needs to be both for me.

I know the gamepad isn't the only reason 3rd parties dropped the Wii u but I really hope Nintendo dropps it entirely to make porting as quickly and easily as possible . If not I hope they assure devs that the 2nd screen stuff is completely optional

think-man said:
And I'd only consider NX if it BC with both Wii and WiiU needs to be both for me.

No offense to you or anybody else who thinks like this, but why do people hold Nintendo to a different standard when it comes to BC? I certainly don't see a lot of people saying that they want 2 gens of BC for other platforms...

I still find it kind of hard to believe Nintendo will have a screened controller. I'd think they'd want to distance themselves from the Wii U as much as possible and have a different selling point.

Around the Network
think-man said:
Super smash, will it have all the dlc plus new content? if so then I might hold off on buying the last few bits of dlc added. And I'd only consider NX if it BC with both Wii and WiiU needs to be both for me.

Looks like you ain't buying a NX then. x86 architecture means bye-bye backwards compatibility. 

HoloDust said:
Hm, wondering what that "noticeable amount" is...15-30% is not really that much, but if that's what they're going for, then I guess NX GPU might be very similar to PS4's, just without 2CUs disabled and with somewhat higher clock.

Nintendo usually leans towards GPU-heavy designs, so if the CPU is 15-30% better, the GPU could be in the range of 30-40% higher than the PS4. Someone on NeoGaf was talking in the 2.5 TFLOP range.

Which is a lot of power for a Nintendo machine but on the other hand it's nothing terribly special for late 2016. 

Nintendo is probably aiming for something that can give them 1080p + 60 fps without too much hassle, 2.5 TFLOPS ought to do it. 

A basic Nintendo version of a ps4 would flop like a rock... Sorry they need to do something dramatically better than what PS is offering or mobile is all they got left to offer

mM
leo-j said:
A basic Nintendo version of a ps4 would flop like a rock... Sorry they need to do something dramatically better than what PS is offering or mobile is all they got left to offer

I think NX probably needs to be an upgradable type of platform, with the base console version being a nice step up from the PS4.

It also needs to be super, super, super easy to port PC/PS4 games to, so that developers don't need particularily high sales of ports to justify making them, as its likely for the first year at least, third party games will probably have low sales. 

Soundwave said:

Looks like you ain't buying a NX then. x86 architecture means bye-bye backwards compatibility. 

Not only is the XBO x86 and BC, but the source never said that the NX was x86 anyway. That's speculation.