By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - We need to talk about Superman for a second..(Batman vs Superman spoilers)

Fei-Hung said:

Aquaman is pretty much colorless 

Well, considering they made him basically black hair and grunge look instead of the traditional blonde and fabulous.

PAOerfulone said:
I've just got one question.
If this Batman has no problem killing people, why the hell is the Joker still alive?!?

He may be willing to kill, doesn't mean he can catch Joker.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I wonder about the double standard in judging Marvel vs DC in films, sometimes. It's like looking at consoles. It's okay to like one and not the other. Just be consistent. Don't give one a free pass and then condemn the other foot doing the exact same thing.

Don't say "Why didn't Superman just attack Lex after he saved Lois" but not say "Why didn't Ronin just attack Starlord instead of watching him dance."

Don't say "Batman just let Gotham get destroyed" and not say "Ant Man just blew up a building be robbed" (and don't get me started on the whole "shrink in size but keep your density" thing. Hank Pym carried a friggin TANK on a keychain!)

Don't say Superman should be responsible for Zod's destruction and not complain about Iron Man creating friggin Ultron (who was created by Hank Pym in the comics, I might add).

Just be consistent.

I just hated the movie, not because is dark, but is a fucking mess like all the DC universe is.
Marvel is not perfect, but theyr efforts to try and make a more unifield and believable universe are commendable, they just need to take the mutants from the hands of Fox, then it will all go in a better path.
Meanwhile DC is a total mess. They have restarted Superman and Batman a lot of times and they ignored a lot their other great heroes and the TV shows don't even link well with each other.

Oh man i sooo done with DC...

There definitely is a double standard. Why aren't people complaining about Spider-Man, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch not being establishef before CW?

d21lewis said:

who was created by Hank Pym in the comics, I might add.

Such a missed opportunity on characterisation. Oh no, Tony Stark feels guilty for creating Ultron, but he's cocky enough it won't affect him. Pym's character is defined by it, the guilt has hung over him for 40 (okay so 10 in Marvel Universe but still) years and still is.

This said I don't think there as many issues people have with the films as you think, I didn't care that Supes didn't attack Lex, he needed to know what he was doing. Ronin was an idiot for not destroying Starlord when he could but that's not 'funny' (you read Starlord in comics recently? Just a joke parody of the film character, awful). Batman drew a batman sign on a bridge and set it on fire before actually saving anyone... yeah what? Antman did kind of have Hank Pym's permission to destroy his building.

That said, you are right. Yet I'll pick and moan about Marvel films until they actually make the films like the comics (so never... can't even put a red headed girl called Rachel in the Day of Future Past story? Bullcrap).

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
There definitely is a double standard. Why aren't people complaining about Spider-Man, Black Panther, Scarlet Witch not being establishef before CW?

They are. BP should have has his own film, not sidelined on someone elses. The CW plot will not be at all like the comics, keep that in mind.

Hmm, pie.

Personally, I prefer DC to Marvel (the books, at least). I've managed to find enjoyment in most movies from both.

I love Batman. I FUCKING LOVE HIM. The Dark Knight Rises was a mess. They tried to mix TDKR with No Man's Land with Knighfall. Too much. I can admit that my beloved DC, my beloved Nolan, and my beloved DC are able to make mistakes. I was only a mild fan of Iron Man in the comics but I fucking loved the first Iron Man movie. I even liked the second. I thought Iron Man 3 was a mess.

It's okay to find flaws in the franchises you love. And it's okay to find good qualities in the product you don't love as much.

*see my love/hate affair with Star Wars*

The Fury said:
d21lewis said:

who was created by Hank Pym in the comics, I might add.

Such a missed opportunity on characterisation. Oh no, Tony Stark feels guilty for creating Ultron, but he's cocky enough it won't affect him. Pym's character is defined by it, the guilt has hung over him for 40 (okay so 10 in Marvel Universe but still) years and still is.

This said I don't think there as many issues people have with the films as you think, I didn't care that Supes didn't attack Lex, he needed to know what he was doing. Ronin was an idiot for not destroying Starlord when he could but that's not 'funny' (you read Starlord in comics recently? Just a joke parody of the film character, awful). Batman drew a batman sign on a bridge and set it on fire before actually saving anyone... yeah what? Antman did kind of have Hank Pym's permission to destroy his building.

That said, you are right. Yet I'll pick and moan about Marvel films until they actually make the films like the comics (so never... can't even put a red headed girl called Rachel in the Day of Future Past story? Bullcrap).

This guy gets it!

d21lewis said:
Personally, I prefer DC to Marvel (the books, at least). I've managed to find enjoyment in most movies from both.

I love Batman. I FUCKING LOVE HIM. The Dark Knight Rises was a mess. They tried to mix TDKR with No Man's Land with Knighfall. Too much. I can admit that my beloved DC, my beloved Nolan, and my beloved DC are able to make mistakes. I was only a mild fan of Iron Man in the comics but I fucking loved the first Iron Man movie. I even liked the second. I thought Iron Man 3 was a mess.

It's okay to find flaws in the franchises you love. And it's okay to find good qualities in the product you don't love as much.

*see my love/hate affair with Star Wars*

I'm glad someone agrees with me on the Iron Man franchise. The general consensus seems to be that Iron Man 1 is the best, Iron Man 2 was the worst, and Iron Man 3 was a return to form. I thought Iron Man 2 was okay. Iron Man 3 is my least favourite MCU movie by far. 

AlfredoTurkey said:

Just do as I do. Buy the first two Reeve Superman movies and pretend that there has never been another Superman movie made.

In my opinion, there hasn't.

So true.