By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will There be a Romantic Aspect Between Female Link and Zelda?

Will There be a Romantic Aspect Between Female Link and Zelda?

Yes 15 13.16%

No 66 57.89%

Maybe 18 15.79%

See Results 15 13.16%

Total:114

I heavily doubt it. Trash the timeline if you wish, but there's a marked decrease in the relationship between Link and Zelda as the series continues canonically. Ever since the Great War, Link and Zelda don't even know one another until they meet during the adventure, but in every game prior they're close friends (or maybe leaning more than that in SS). Considering I'm almost 100% certain this is a TP sequel, they won't even know one another until the adventure begins.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Around the Network

Link and Zelda are barely a couple as is... the only time theyre even sorta a couple is in SS -even then it wasnt that romantic, pretty platonic for the most part. So no

Not really. Maybe they will be close friends tho? Like bff girls gathering around to talk about boys, clothes and stuff?

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I doubt it. It would be fun to see a romantic aspect between (female) Link and Epona. Epona has always been the better girl out of all the female cast of The Legend of Zelda, yet she always gets ignored for the lesser characters.

Wright said:

I doubt it. It would be fun to see a romantic aspect between (female) Link and Epona. Epona has always been the better girl out of all the female cast of The Legend of Zelda, yet she always gets ignored for the lesser characters.

Well femal Link will be riding Epona a lot so that makes sense.  

Around the Network

I never considered Link and Zelda a romantic pair anyways, so nah.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

In most games, there's no real romantic aspect between male Link and Zelda. You had a warm embrace into a curtain drop at the end of Zelda 2, and you have Skyward Sword.

Or perhaps a different romance based on the gender. Link can have his romance with Zelda (should it focus it) and Linkle can have it with a different (but equally important) NPC. Or hell just go all Mass effect with it and let the player choose lol.

To be honest, I could care less about Linkle. Pointless addition in my eyes and I will never use her. As long as I can play as Link and his story is unaltered to accommodate a Linkle, I am happy. If they add her, she should have her own unique story aspects.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

No because Link and Zelda are not tied via romance. Zelda is a princess, Zelda is common boy, not a prince.

Does Zelda have to be a girl though? Why can't it be Prince Zelda... or Zeldo in that case lol