By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will There be a Romantic Aspect Between Female Link and Zelda?

Will There be a Romantic Aspect Between Female Link and Zelda?

Yes 15 13.16%

No 66 57.89%

Maybe 18 15.79%

See Results 15 13.16%

Total:114

I was recently just watching a new GameXplain discussion and they brought up how there were romantic aspects in past Zelda games like Skyward Sword. Since we got a rumor that Link can be a girl do you guys think that the romantic aspect could be in Zelda U(NX) if Link is a guy or a women.

Around the Network

God I hope so...I mean, hey, if that's what the developers want to do...

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

No, it's not like romance between Male Link and Zelda is exactly a common thing anyway.

The Zelda/Link bond gets more focus in certain games, but it's usually there to some extent. The main theme seems to be how the two have a bond that extends past their own lives, all the way back to Hylia sacrificing her role as a goddess to reincarnate the original Link.

If Link appears as a girl in a future game (canon game I mean), then I imagine her role with Zelda will still be a focus point. If Zelda is still a girl, they might tone down the obvious romance...but I could be wrong...maybe Nintendo will be more open to that in the future.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

:(

Around the Network

If this Female Link really is just a straight up gender swap, then you can bet you can bet yourself that there won't be any romantic aspects between Link and anybody to begin with. Nintendo wants to play it as safe as possible, I'd imagine. Hell, maybe they'll even start treating Link more like an avatar and less like an actual character.

bet: lost

Are you saying some yuri action?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

No, I can't see nintendo doing that (plus we don't know how the Link/Zelda relationship is going to work on Zelda U. it doesn't have to be as SS, and it probably won't)

Jranation said:
Are you saying some yuri action?

I guess so.

Mike321 said:
No, I can't see nintendo doing that (plus we don't know how the Link/Zelda relationship is going to work on Zelda U. it doesn't have to be as SS, and it probably won't)

Something like this was done is Fire Emblem B&C. Also Zelda U has a SS feel. 

I kinda want Link to be involved with side characters more. Like Tetra in WW (yeah,I know) or Saria/Malon in OoT. Or whoever the girl he was saving in TP. Idk, I like it more when it's not obvious that Zelda and Link will end up together.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988