By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is 720p still acceptable to you?

Well, is it?

Yes 571 64.30%

No 317 35.70%

Total:888

alabtrosMyster said:

the ps4 is not allowed games below 1080p (I did not buy any)

So you won't be buying Final Fantasy XV? What about Uncharted 4, will you buy that even though its multiplayer is 900p?

Around the Network

720p is fine for 7th gen games.

Is 720p still acceptable to you?

Yes

Do you prefer it?

No

Do you prefer 1080p?

Yes

Do you think the games in 2016 must be in 1080p?

Yes

Absolutely not. Id rather lower settings than lower resolution. 1440p is bare minimum. Once you get used to 4k its tough to go back. Sorta like the jump to Broadband from Dial up.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

My monitor is 1080p, but my TV is still a 28" 768p and watching it from a bigger distance it's fine for me, so if I were a console gamer, playing on it I wouldn't have any problem. With a bigger TV I'd most probably want a higher res, though.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
paulrage2 said:

I understand. I wanna say is that i will not give up to play a game because is 720p, but i can't accept that some consoles still run games in 720p resolution in 2016.

Are you excited for Final Fantasy XV then? Dynamic resolution and unlocked framerate and all. 

No. I don't like Final Fantasy.

SvennoJ said:

We'll find out tomorrow how acceptable it is, or how important resolution is

Firmware version 3.5 lets you stream PS4 games to your PC or Mac running Windows 8.1 or 10/OS 10.10/10.11.
Streaming will be available in resolutions up to 720p (the default is 540p) and in either 30fps (default) or 60fps.

I wonder if it can do both tv and streaming at the same time to compare lag.
Streaming to the WiiU gamepad is faster than my tv. I wonder how streaming to my laptop fares against the tv.

Please inform us how that goes. How laggy is it? Compared to Gamepad or Vita(TV)?

The Gamepad uses the 5GHz band to reduce the lag, and due to this it has a low range.
I'm assuming Remote Play is just streamed through your network? Even from outside?

FYI WiDi on my laptop and smartphone does lag noticeably.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Maybe if I would know the framerate of the games I play I could give you an honest answer. But since I don't know, I'll just keep enjoying playing them.

Gamers who have problems with resolutions in games are not true gamers! This is a fact and not a rumor ;)

Yerm said:
in Gen 9, meaning when the NX rolls around, there will be no excuses to not have 1080p

Why? It's not like any resolution makes a game better!