By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is 720p still acceptable to you?

Well, is it?

Yes 571 64.30%

No 317 35.70%

Total:888

I prefer 720p 60fps over 1080p 30fps.

Around the Network

It's never been a factor to me if I buy a game or not. Story, gameplay, genre, etc are more important.

I honestly can barely tell the difference between 720 and 1080 so I don't care.. Like on slower games I can tell the difference or if I just stop and look at stuff but eh.

Higher resolution is preferable, but its value is debatable if other aspects have to be sacrificed such as frame rate and visual fidelity. I can live with 720p, but I like 1080p as I can tell a difference on my large television.

Yeah. All I'm asking for is HD. Got that covered? Good.

bet: lost

Around the Network

If i like the game, resolution doesn't matter. Framerate should be more consistent though. Low and fluctuating framerate causes more issues to enjoyment that lower resolution for me. If they are aiming at 30 fps, make sure it plays at that.

We'll find out tomorrow how acceptable it is, or how important resolution is

Firmware version 3.5 lets you stream PS4 games to your PC or Mac running Windows 8.1 or 10/OS 10.10/10.11.
Streaming will be available in resolutions up to 720p (the default is 540p) and in either 30fps (default) or 60fps.

I wonder if it can do both tv and streaming at the same time to compare lag.
Streaming to the WiiU gamepad is faster than my tv. I wonder how streaming to my laptop fares against the tv.

mornelithe said:
StarOcean said:
I never understood the problem with resolution. I love games from gens 3-7 even though most are below 720p. As long as a game is good the resolution shouldn't matter. If it does, you're not gaming for the right reasons

I never understood, therefore, you're not gaming for the right reasons.  Wow...some deep thoughts right there Star Ocean.

You'll live

StarOcean said:
mornelithe said:

I never understood, therefore, you're not gaming for the right reasons.  Wow...some deep thoughts right there Star Ocean.

You'll live

Yeah, laughing the entire time :)

mornelithe said:
Teeqoz said:

Just because other people don't have the same standard for resolution as you does not mean they lack self control. Jesus christ what kind of logic is that even?

Teeqoz said:

I agree. That type of logic (ie that everyone should have the same opinions as you) is only detrimental to the industry. Since you apparently agree, I can only wonder why you use that sort of logic, but to each their own.

To say that 720p is unacceptable is an opinion, to say that people who don't share that opinion lack self control is not an opinion, it's a (wrongful) statement. So I don't really get what you think is so funny about, but by all means, keep on laughing. Maybe it'll help you deal with other people's opinions differing from your own.