By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls III Review Thread - Meta: 90

So many great games are coming out for PS4 that I don't know what to buy.
I really need R&C, Dark Souls III, and then Uncharted4, Doom and Mirror's Edge; I can't buy all in a month period. I would say R&C, Dark Souls III and Uncharted4; the other two, the month or 2 months later...

And then No Man's Sky...and I have still to buy the Division, poor me :(

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

is there a small chance that Fromsoftware announces a new game at E3 since they have more then 1 dev team

Great game, but probably my least favorite Souls game.

Nate4Drake said:

So many great games are coming out for PS4 that I don't know what to buy.
I really need R&C, Dark Souls III, and then Uncharted4, Doom and Mirror's Edge; I can't buy all in a month period. I would say R&C, Dark Souls III and Uncharted4; the other two, the month or 2 months later...

And then No Man's Sky...and I have still to buy the Division, poor me :(

After reading people thoughts on the doom beta and also experiencing it myself you could be able to cross that one off your list, unless you played the beta and enjoyed it but it's quite bland and, well, boring.

However R&C, dark souls 3 and uncharted 4 are also must haves for me. I took priority with R&C over dark souls and preordered that, Im glad I did aswell because I'm reading and hearing nothing but good things about this game.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

craighopkins said:

is there a small chance that Fromsoftware announces a new game at E3 since they have more then 1 dev team

At the rate they're going (Giving me Bloodborne last year, my favorite game since Skyrim) and Dark Souls III (which is also quite goddamn good), I eagerly wait with bated breath to see what they come up with next.  

I heard they won't be returning to Dark Souls or Bloodborne, so that's a shame. 

But hey, good idea to have them try new things!  Much respect for that! 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
craighopkins said:

from old rumors, they were on a jrpg for ps4 and another game (for ps4 too ? don't remember), it was on neogaf, but we all know how a lot of rumors end.

I remember way back when From Software just did Chromehounds, and Armored Core. I saw Demon's Souls collector's edition on the shelf at the local game store. I had no idea what it was, so I looked it up on metacritic. So many games on my shelf are like that. Little random niche titles that never got the marketing they deserved. For every Souls, and Persona series that gets popular, there's five other series that never make it past cult status, but are equally enjoyable.

If anybody is looking for a great challenging JRPG in with a similar feel to the Souls series, I highly recommend Etrian Odyssey IV.

They are my favorite Jap Developer. I loved the Kings Field games too

The next game is going to look nice on the PS4.5 (Neo)

Runa216 said:
craighopkins said:

At the rate they're going (Giving me Bloodborne last year, my favorite game since Skyrim) and Dark Souls III (which is also quite goddamn good), I eagerly wait with bated breath to see what they come up with next.  

I heard they won't be returning to Dark Souls or Bloodborne, so that's a shame. 

Really?

That's kind of interesting because I'm certain they will return to Dark Souls in the game after their very next project anyway, so it will be interesting to see what they do next.

Plus these guys have been so extremely productive. In the 6 years from 2010 when Demon Souls was released here in the West they have given me five games. Amazing.